GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I need a good game, preferably a driving one"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 31/08/04 at 23:04
"Was the man of marz"
After the death of my dreamcast, my driving craves can no longer be vented on F1 Championship, so I’ve turned to my Xbox and frankly its futile in its attempts to entertain me. Project gotham 2, a bit to short, Moto GP2, great but I prefer four wheels, Colin Mcrae 04, probably the best but I prefer tarmac. The best driving I get is from Driv3r, and that’s really sad. I’ve considered Toca 2 but all I hear is bad things. This is not a moan, just a cry out for help. I need a driving game or a cheap classic to keep my mind off going back to my PC version of Toca touring cars 2, which is really sad and poor!
Sun 05/09/04 at 14:02
"Was the man of marz"
I don't have a clue either albino man
Sun 05/09/04 at 11:01
Regular
"Remember me?"
I'm still not getting this. I mean, I'm fine up until "solve 4½ x 83y = x(y1942)" at which point I get totally stuck.
Sat 04/09/04 at 22:33
Regular
It's all about context. Tell you what, seeing as it's the weekend I'll give you a walkthrough on replying to a statement such as " who agrees that the XBOX is rubbish - i do"; in nice, easy steps. Let's start!!!

1) a user writes "who agrees that the XBOX is rubbish" as the post title
2) another user, totti, writes "I agree that the Xbox is rubbish because I cant afford and maintain it"
3) another user, in this case me (Icarus mk2), types "Agreed. America is a crap country because I haven't been there yet".

Now, let's go through this slowly. In point 1), the user (not me, but the post starter, entitled "smerk"), is stating that a particular console, in this case the Xbox (Microsoft) is rubbish, but fails to follow up with any valid point. Or any point at all, in fact.

The second point, backs up this seemingly inaccurate statement, with the line "I agree that the Xbox is rubbish because I cant afford and maintain it". This statement by the user, totti, is implying that a console (Xbox) is not good (rubbish) simply because he can't afford it; hence he is not in possession of one.

Point 3); here the user (moi(me)), is stating that a country (America in this case), is rubbish (crap) because I haven't visited it yet (which is not true, but in order to make it less complicated for you let's leave that out).

Here's the important part - relate totti's statement (2)), with mine (3)); for homework, try and see what I'm trying to prove here.

HINT: It's something to do with how accurate totti's statement (2)) is.

Try your best now.
Sat 04/09/04 at 20:48
"Was the man of marz"
Icarus mk2 wrote:
Surely you understand what I'm trying to imply here?

Not really, i still don't see
"Agreed. America is a crap country because I haven't been there yet"
as sarcastic

P.s sarcasm is so easy to express in forums
(notice something there?)
Sat 04/09/04 at 17:00
Regular
Yes, sarcasm. Surely you understand what I'm trying to imply here?
Sat 04/09/04 at 16:34
"Was the man of marz"
Icarus mk2 wrote:
"Agreed. America is a crap country because I haven't been there yet"

Sarcasim???
Dude, i wasn't insulting you, I was just trying to emphasise to daftness of someone’s evidence being his opinion. He just said I do to the title of his thread. The fact that anyone responded makes me ask one question:

Why?
Sat 04/09/04 at 15:04
Regular
Marzman wrote:
My example: Classic
> forum, the who agrees that the XBOX is rubbish thread. Never heard so
> much flaff in all my life, and to think it got 23 responces.

My response was on the sarcastic side, in case you didn't notice.
Sat 04/09/04 at 15:03
Regular
TOCA 2 is actually one helluva game. Great variety across all race cars, and near the ened there are special race tracks with lovely scenery, if you're into that. Rallying is available too, and the racing is close and competitive.
Sat 04/09/04 at 12:56
"Was the man of marz"
Burnout 3 is an option, but I have to admit that I havn't played the second, and the first was, well the less said the better. I hear what your saying notorious about views, sites like this are based on them but some are just too hard to take seriously. My example: Classic forum, the who agrees that the XBOX is rubbish thread. Never heard so much flaff in all my life, and to think it got 23 responces.

On the quest for a driving game to replace F1 championship, I might order Toca pro racedriver, its only £10 and some of the cars and tracks look pretty good
Sat 04/09/04 at 00:15
Regular
Burnout 3 is amazing.

Evidence: I played it myself, the graphics and speed are so convincing, you get that "woosh" feeling.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.