GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I need a good game, preferably a driving one"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 31/08/04 at 23:04
"Was the man of marz"
After the death of my dreamcast, my driving craves can no longer be vented on F1 Championship, so I’ve turned to my Xbox and frankly its futile in its attempts to entertain me. Project gotham 2, a bit to short, Moto GP2, great but I prefer four wheels, Colin Mcrae 04, probably the best but I prefer tarmac. The best driving I get is from Driv3r, and that’s really sad. I’ve considered Toca 2 but all I hear is bad things. This is not a moan, just a cry out for help. I need a driving game or a cheap classic to keep my mind off going back to my PC version of Toca touring cars 2, which is really sad and poor!
Sat 04/09/04 at 00:08
"I love yo... lamp."
F1 2002 was also rather mediocre. F1 Career Challenge was a complete simulator, possibly good if considered as that, but I wanted something along the lines of F1 World Grand Prix on the N64. Which was genius. Hence it let me down.

Actually Marzman, something you will come to realise if you hang around here for long enough is that not all views are the same. Whilst I respect people's right to have different opinions, views such as "Xbox is crap" don't really deserve any respect compared to views that are supported by evidence.
Fri 03/09/04 at 23:48
"Was the man of marz"
F1 career challenge is the 1998 to 2002 seasons (I think), and that’s what has put me off. No one lap qualifying and also the price tag for that game. Plus Notorious Biggles
, your view is like everyone’s else’s, that its ok but nothing to shout about. Wot was f1 2002 like, was that on xbox
Fri 03/09/04 at 10:33
Regular
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> There is F1 Career Challenge I suppose, but I bought it and didn't
> have the motivation to complete a race. Someday I might.

I heard it got mixed reviews.

But I can imagine it being pretty outdated now, compared to this season anyway.
Fri 03/09/04 at 01:19
"I love yo... lamp."
Hang your head in shame Your Honour.

There is F1 Career Challenge I suppose, but I bought it and didn't have the motivation to complete a race. Someday I might.
Thu 02/09/04 at 22:09
Regular
"Bad Wolf; England"
Try PGR2
Wed 01/09/04 at 20:57
"Was the man of marz"
We won't get an F1 game gamesfreak, till the Fia sony contract expires, and thats two years away. At least then we may not have michael schumacher in it
Wed 01/09/04 at 19:07
Regular
Your Honour wrote:
> I don't like PGR2.
>
> There, I said it too.
Wed 01/09/04 at 18:57
Regular
I'm a massive Touring Car (BTCC) and Formula One fan.

I'd adore to have an F1 game on my beloved Xbox, but it's looking like it's not going to happen :-(
Wed 01/09/04 at 18:29
"Was the man of marz"
I had ralisport challenge 1 which was ok and project gotham 2, i highlighted the problems in my other posts. I want a city sim or a track racer, not a cross-breed like Project gotham. What is mahed, and indy car series 2004- indy cars are built to with stand crashes so nah and i beleive Toca 2 has formula ford cars, which dont quite do it for me.

I reckon Toca 2 is the best bet, I've seen it for £25 but anyone got it? Post if theres stuff I should know- most importantly- has it got an inside the cockpit driving view
Wed 01/09/04 at 17:45
Regular
I played that on demo. Lovely graphics but the gameplay is infuriatingly hard, for me anyway. Suppose it takes practice. After all I was fresh from playing midtown madness 3 and i'd never played anything really realistic anyway.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.