GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I need a good game, preferably a driving one"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 31/08/04 at 23:04
"Was the man of marz"
After the death of my dreamcast, my driving craves can no longer be vented on F1 Championship, so I’ve turned to my Xbox and frankly its futile in its attempts to entertain me. Project gotham 2, a bit to short, Moto GP2, great but I prefer four wheels, Colin Mcrae 04, probably the best but I prefer tarmac. The best driving I get is from Driv3r, and that’s really sad. I’ve considered Toca 2 but all I hear is bad things. This is not a moan, just a cry out for help. I need a driving game or a cheap classic to keep my mind off going back to my PC version of Toca touring cars 2, which is really sad and poor!
Sun 12/09/04 at 20:32
"Was the man of marz"
"TOCA 2 solves most those problems"

Really, in what ways?

If toca 2 is that much improved it might be worth getting it
Sat 11/09/04 at 18:05
Regular
"8==="
Marzman wrote:
I am
> more of a realistic racing type

Oooooh unlucky.
Sat 11/09/04 at 17:31
Regular
TOCA 2 solves most those problems.
Sat 11/09/04 at 16:54
"Was the man of marz"
I got toca race driver, and its not too bad. The menu system is a bit rubbish and having to play as an American called ryan who thinks he is gods gift to women and has an attitude problems is abit annoying, but its still got a good range of tracks and cars. I thought it might be a bit out of date but it was made in 2003, so it has the updated hockenheim track, and current cars (ie: the current BTCC ones). Only complaints. The qualifying seems to have vanished (in career mode), so your position on the grid is kinda random (3rd-10th usually), and once again the pits are automated, which still baffles me. But, the racing is close and competitive and the less well-known, smaller tracks are entertaining to drive. A good game (if you get it as cheap as i did), but still not the real control over the car (as set-up is kinda basic) that I would have hoped for and a few over disappointments, such as a poo inside view
Mon 06/09/04 at 14:06
"I love yo... lamp."
It was considerably better than the DC version. I prefer it to TOCA, but that's just me.
Mon 06/09/04 at 13:49
"Was the man of marz"
Sega GT doesn't really do it for me, I've seen screen shots and I should play it but still, after the 1st one on the DC, I'll give it a miss. Toca race driver seems the choice for me, I'll just go and check my bank balance to see if i can order it
Mon 06/09/04 at 13:14
"I love yo... lamp."
If you want realistic racing then Sega GT, either 2002 or Online, will do. As will Forza Motorsport. Burnout 3 doesn't for instance have real cars. Although it is meant to be good.

Oh and Y = 0.
Mon 06/09/04 at 12:05
"Was the man of marz"
Daveus wrote:
"the best arcade racer ever is...Burnout 3"

I will take a look at it as people speak so highly of it but I am more of a realistic racing type (although a couple of years ago I did get hooked on crazy taxi 2)
Mon 06/09/04 at 09:21
Regular
"BOSE"
There's loads of great racing games out there, but "the" game everyone's saying is the best arcade racer ever is...Burnout 3. I'm not normally into racing games but this is very tempting.
Sun 05/09/04 at 16:29
Regular
No matter.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.