GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Burnout 3"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Burnout 3'.
Thu 09/09/04 at 12:34
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Freakin class.
Page:
Tue 14/09/04 at 10:40
Regular
"8==="
Well they were definately on 'til 1:30am.
Tue 14/09/04 at 10:23
Regular
Apparently the Burnout 3 servers were down last night because EA were fixing them. I'll most likely go on later and see if they're working any better.
Tue 14/09/04 at 07:12
Regular
There are two types, PAL 60 and NTSC 60, NTSC 60 is slightly smoother than PAL 60 but both are considerably faster than 50hz and they do affect things like track times.

Like Tilta said, it is the refresh rate of the screen (i.e how many times it refreshes in a second). If you watch NTSC DVD's or play games in 60HZ mode when your TV only supports 50hz your screen will flicker considerably in one corner of the screen depending on the differences between the two speeds and how they affect the game.
Tue 14/09/04 at 02:33
Regular
"8==="
Didn't play it as much tonight. Left it when I became 179th in the world. :)
Tue 14/09/04 at 00:44
Regular
it seems a pain to seperate the two frequencies. I log on as 60Hz, and I find rooms full of 50Hz players, and vice versa.

oh, and I had my first online burnout 3 session tonight, with creepy and co. didn't lose connection for the most part, although in other games I did, and noticed other glitches, like certain people becoming muted for no reason.

good though.
Tue 14/09/04 at 00:40
Regular
Think it's a bit faster or something. It's to do with refresh rates....whatever that is.
Tue 14/09/04 at 00:38
Regular
really, what's the difference between 50 and 60 Hz?

I don't want the techy answer, I'm talking about what difference it makes to gameplay.

I've tried both and it seems no different.
Tue 14/09/04 at 00:12
Regular
Yeah, I unlocked that earlier. Look forward to using that online but for the moment I'm concentrating on the single player and unlocking everything. I've done a hell of a lot, mainly crash mode left really. Oh and those stupidly hard hot laps with the US Circuit racers.

I'm hoping that as Burnout 3's EA's first Live game, they'll learn from their mistakes and by the time Timesplitters 3 comes out there should be no problems. This is EA we're talking about though so I won't hold my breath.
Mon 13/09/04 at 22:27
Regular
"Touched!"
Just unlocked the fire truck, gonna have some fun, got all golds on crash so far :D
Mon 13/09/04 at 22:06
Regular
Savatt78 wrote:
> Stuff

It's ok chief, mock them all you want. I fully understand where you are coming from. I think it's safe to say EA will balls them up too.

It's just a shame though, as Timesplitters would be insane on Live, and Battlefield could be a true teamwork game, just like the PC original.

At least we have top games from other developers to look forward to...
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.