GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"This is worrying on so many different levels."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 14/06/01 at 11:24
Regular
http://iafrica.com/news/worldnews/385093.htm
Thu 14/06/01 at 11:58
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Thomas Cook are right... It is time to leave the country...

You can only be patriotic so far...

As well as this... did you hear that 12 policemen were taken 'off the beat' to witness over an officer who didn't apologise for passing wind during an interrigation...

That's 12 officers who could be fighting crime, not doing so because the police made a formal investigation over why an officr passed wind in the presence of criminals...

I'm sorry, but this country is f*cked! We need to restore the decency it once had...

Now you can get £10,000 for tripping over a pavement! What a joke! I think i'll break into fort knox, buy an island, call it England and just chill there. It wil be the only normal place on earth....

Game

(PS: Grix: Born Again?!)
Thu 14/06/01 at 11:57
Regular
"not dead"
Yep. How many tabloids will run the "Pokemon card kills boy" story tomorrow?
Thu 14/06/01 at 11:56
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Fffffff....no, no...calm down Goaty.

Ok, I dont blame Pokemon for this.
That's the same as saying it's a movie or book that "did it".

Nobody except that kid knew what his reasons were.
There are a number of people at fault here, but I'm not involved in any of it so, for once, I'm going to shut my mouth on this.

And this isn't a dig at anyone here at all.
Thu 14/06/01 at 11:43
Regular
Goatboy wrote:

"However, if he did it simply because his cards were taken away, then I have no sympathy whatsoever."

Armatige also said that the cards were probably a catalyst. That must be true... reading into it, you find that a number of things have happened to upset him. Just a piece of paper could tip the balance... as shown here.

The thing is though, BECAUSE it's a pokemon card, it's going to get blown up for that reason. You would expect the same results if his tennis ball, or lunch had been confisgated.

I'm not angry, but very much distressed.
Thu 14/06/01 at 11:39
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
It's tempting to make a lot of remarks, this story has angered me, but I will watch my tongue.

If this kid was bullied, then this is a tragic and all too familiar case. I think bullying can never, ever be justified in any situation.

However, if he did it simply because his cards were taken away, then I have no sympathy whatsoever.

I'm not going to say anymore about this, because I have a torrent of words waiting to fall out.
Thu 14/06/01 at 11:34
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> Not the fact that he couldn't live without his pokemon cards
> Armatige, but because of the collapse of his mind that gave him
> little else more to hope for.

It is a true story anyway, if
> that's what you're thinking.

I was thinking more that it was a singular case...

The child in question obviously had a number of problems that were ignored...

That it was Pokemon that was the catalyst to this action was just chance, it could just have easily been any number of alternatives...
Thu 14/06/01 at 11:32
Regular
Not the fact that he couldn't live without his pokemon cards Armatige, but because of the collapse of his mind that gave him little else more to hope for.

It is a true story anyway, if that's what you're thinking.
Thu 14/06/01 at 11:29
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
This is sad... I don't think you can blame Nintendo, I think it's the school system.

Bullying is terribile...

Whoever said Sticks and Stones can break my bones but words can never hurt me!? Because that isn't true... verbal bullying has killed this boy!

This is sad.

Game
Thu 14/06/01 at 11:28
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
ahhh... I wouldnt read to much into it...
Thu 14/06/01 at 11:24
Regular
http://iafrica.com/news/worldnews/385093.htm

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.