GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"This is worrying on so many different levels."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 14/06/01 at 11:24
Regular
http://iafrica.com/news/worldnews/385093.htm
Thu 14/06/01 at 14:59
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Grix Thraves wrote:

I still refuse to believe in a single way of living, and
> only allow the Bible to show itself as a guide, not a way of living.

Exactly.
It's an option, not an instruction manual.

People are free to believe in whatever they choose to, but as soon as you step over that line and impose your view on anyone else and demand it is the only way, the only truth, then you veer towards much darker territory.

Fundamentalism allows for no voice of reason, no voice of contrary opinion and total aqquiesence to the official line.

Which ain't Christianity folks.
That's something else entirely.
Thu 14/06/01 at 14:59
Regular
slaveunit wrote:

"have you seen those americans"

Yeah, they're hilarious, aren't they? :0)
Thu 14/06/01 at 14:58
Regular
Slave, I think that you may find that Genesis is not hailed as factual script but as a story to explain in simple terms how god created the easrth, as you may also have noticed from your in depth study, this is pointed out by the fact that everyone lived until they were roughly 800, in those days!!
Thu 14/06/01 at 14:57
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
It has to be a hoax.

Akhams Razor - the simplest solution is usually the right one.

Evolution - as proved by scientists, archaeologists, etc
god - a book about a miracle man and the entire earth population generated from initial incest.

have you seen those americans that get teenage girls to believe in the "worship me cos i am great" religion? thats almost as funny.
Thu 14/06/01 at 14:56
Regular
And thats all folks!!
Thu 14/06/01 at 14:54
Regular
451F?

I still refuse to believe in a single way of living, and only allow the Bible to show itself as a guide, not a way of living. There are lessons to be learnt in it, but it's better to learn them yourselves, than to get carried away by brainwashing of your own mental abilities.

I'm interested in Paganism, the apparent religion that Christianity sprung from... I was reading a book about it, the simularities are astounding. The image of Christ, the fish symbol...

Why do I say all this?

Because I have a choice, and every single person is equal to have their own opinion. I'm not trying to affect anyone elses, and neither should anyone else. Including God.
Thu 14/06/01 at 14:53
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
See, I wasn't mocking The Game's faith or claiming his beliefs were unfounded.
He believes in Christ as his saviour, I respect that and will defend his right for his beliefs.

However, when someone offers their belief as the absolute and only way: ie stating that something is evil, and someone is a satanist , then I take umbrage to that.

It wasn't an attack of The Game for his beliefs, but it was an attack on The Game for that specific area of his argument, offered as it was without any factual evidence.

But, and I will stand by this because it is an absolute statement of truth:

When someone boasts of burning books, then you must call it what it is:

Fascism.

The central tenement of Christianity is of love, understanding and forgiveness.
At no point, in no place whatsoever does it condone book burning.

That is far more evil that any child's book, because it is taking direct anti-intellectual action against someone's freedom to read what they want and form their own opinion.

Preventing someone from discovering facts and information for themselves through burning books and a refusal to allow someone to read that material is the act of Dictatorship, not compassion and love.

That was my point, not mocking him for believing in Jesus.
Thu 14/06/01 at 14:52
Regular
But if it was a hoax, then there wouldn't be a second coming. You do confuse me!!
Thu 14/06/01 at 14:51
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
Well, i guess I'm not the second coming then. thats a shame.

Poo.
Thu 14/06/01 at 14:49
Regular
I can but i'd be lying!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.