GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Madden NFL 2005"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Madden NFL 2005'.
Sun 19/09/04 at 12:30
Regular
"bit of a brain"
If you don't buy this game then you are stupid/poor. It is clearly the best game on the Gamecube. That is all.
Thu 21/10/04 at 21:52
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
gerrid wrote:
> Careful AJ, Miami actually have a pretty good defense - it's just
> their offense which is rubbish.

Hmm, it's a tough one. I'll leave it and see how things go. Thing is, that battle could go either way - the Dolphins might indeed have a tougher defense than their results show, but then the Rams have one of the strongest offenses in the league, and provided Bulger gets good protection against the Dolphins, he WILL complete a lot of passes.
Thu 21/10/04 at 21:37
Regular
Horizontalish.

Passed forwards at about an 89 degree angle.

At least now I know why.

Do you know why this is?
It's because of the stupid shortcut system which means if you try to hurry your players to the line after choosing a play (by pushing a) and you look at the play from the coaches view, you use up a timeout, which I didn't want to do.
Thu 21/10/04 at 21:34
Regular
"bit of a brain"
was the pass forwards or backwards? A backwards pass can't be incomplete and counts as a fumble if no one catches it.
Thu 21/10/04 at 21:33
Regular
I was just cheated.
CHEATED!!

4th quarter, 3rd down, about 2 and a half minutes left, score is 16-14 to the Colts.
I start the play by accident, and startled, pass the ball to my Full Back waaaay too early.
It bounces off of the back of his helmet and up come those 6 dreaded letters FUMBLE!!
They return it for a touchdown taking the score to 22-14
No worries I say, the full back didn't even touch it with his hands, I can challenge it.
I challenge it.
Play stands.

Needless to say, I lost a timeout and they converted it to 23-14
I manage to pull back a touchdown, but they beat me 23-21.

It wouldn't have happened if it hadn't been for that stupid glitch.
IT BOUCEDOFF THE BACK OF HIS HELMET WHILST HE WAS STILL RUNNING!!
Thu 21/10/04 at 21:16
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Careful AJ, Miami actually have a pretty good defense - it's just their offense which is rubbish.
Thu 21/10/04 at 18:56
Regular
We both have good taste.

Same WR, Defence and HB.
Thu 21/10/04 at 18:55
Regular
I have:

Daunte Culpepper - Minnesota - QB - as Minnesota are on TV, and if he throws the first and last TDs he gets double points
Shaun Alexander - Seattle - RB - like you said
Jermaine Wiggins Minnesota TE with Moss injured, Culpepper won't be throwing the ball to him, so he may opt for a tight end, and double points mind.
Terrell Owens - Philadelphia - WR - obvious reasons
David Akers - Philadelphia - K - even though the Eagles are playing a crappy team, they'll still kick a few field goals, and will get many PATs
Baltimore Defence - been playing really well, and will be playing the Bills, so should do well
Reggie Wayne - Indianapolis - he's been playing really well and has Manning throwing to him

I don't care if you thieve my team, it's just a game.
Thu 21/10/04 at 18:42
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Yey, AJ now has a Fantasy Football team for this week.

Quarterback this week is going to be Marc Bulger as the Rams are playing the Dolphins this week. I've also got Isaac Bruce in as a receiver due to this. Tony Gonzalez will be my tight end because he's the best TE ever (maybe), and Shaun Alexander is in as halfback as the Seahawks are against the Cardinals. Terrel Owens will be my other receiver just because he's pretty damn good right now - I was going to have Moss, but there's a chance he'll be out injured, and plus Vikings are actually playing a good team this week. For my kicked I picked Nate Kaeding from the Chargers as they're playing Carolina, who I know are a pretty strong defensive team and could cause San Diego problems, making them kick more. Yeah. Finally, defense is the Ravens, randomly really, although they are playing the Bills, which helped contibute to my decision.

The AJ is now going to kick all bootay in this fantasy NFL league. Except, there's a chance I'll be very rubbish because all my teams in the Premiership Fantasy Football leagues I've entered are rubbish. Meh.
Thu 21/10/04 at 13:58
Regular
I tried running the ball several times last night, but every single time, be it Stron, morris or ALexander that was running, I'd be humped and either lose yardage, or just break even.

Still, at least I'm trying to run, when I first started, I played no running plays as I didn't really understand them all that well.

Everything makes a bit more sense now, though, so I'll be getting better.

I played a second grudge match after that, I brought the score down to 49-3
I think that's better.
I was probably a bit tired, I went to bed at like half 1 this morning and spelt till 1 today.
Thu 21/10/04 at 13:42
Regular
"bit of a brain"
oh dear you really should be more careful. My advice - run the ball more. Trade and meddle with your roster to get a really good offensive line, and then run the ball into the ground for 4 quaters. Then every so often come out with a 5 reciever set and just hurl one down the field to on open receiver.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.