GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Madden NFL 2005"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Madden NFL 2005'.
Sun 19/09/04 at 12:30
Regular
"bit of a brain"
If you don't buy this game then you are stupid/poor. It is clearly the best game on the Gamecube. That is all.
Fri 24/09/04 at 22:58
Regular
Yeah, if I'd not known I was short, it wouldn't have bothered me taking it and trying to buy it for 46p less, but because I already knew I couldn't afford it, I couldn't do it.

Anyway, I'll just buy it off of a certainsouth american rainforest website that's charging me just 32 quid for it.
Fri 24/09/04 at 22:52
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
munn wrote:
> Gutted. I went into Gamestation today thinking Madden was 37 quid. It
> was 37.99.
> I had 37.54. Couldn't afford it. Gutted.

I'm sure they would have let you off with it, they're better off losing 46p than 38 quid. Anyway, I had Madden 2004 and whilst I did enjoy it I'm not sure whether to get 2005. Mainly because it'll be hugely involving if the last game was anything to go by, and I just don't play games for long periods of time anymore.
Fri 24/09/04 at 22:18
Regular
Gutted. I went into Gamestation today thinking Madden was 37 quid. It was 37.99.
I had 37.54. Couldn't afford it. Gutted.
Fri 24/09/04 at 21:24
Regular
"bit of a brain"
So I just won the Superbowl.

My NFC Championship game against the Packers (one of the 2 teams who beat me this year grrrr) went swimmingly, with their only score coming from a 68-yard touchdown run. They finished the game with 65 yards overall. Ha. HA. Take that Ahman Green. I also managed to sack Brett Favre 4 times, including on their opening posession. I was, understandably, very happy about my 22-9 revenge.

So on to the SUPERBOWL - It's all festive now, with dancing around and hype and stuff, unlike before when the Superbowl was just another game. Anyway, it was against the Patriots, who had the same record as me and had won their previous 2 playoff games 44-17. I was understandably nervous about losing, but what I faced was the easiest game that I have EVER played in Madden. FOr a start, my game consists of running a goal line formation and just pounding the defense until 3rd down, when I either complete a HUGE long play action pass or just scramble with McNabb. So seeing how all I do is run as hard as I can, the Patriots 3-4 and 3-3 defense just didn't cut it. Buckhalter got 100+ yards in the first half alone, just from running straight up the middle. I ran for so long that the Pats only got one possession in the entire half, in which they went 3 and out because they just tried to run (bad idea against MY defense). The 3rd Quater went much the same, with their only possession going for -5 yards. So anyway I got 2 interceptions and they only had 4 possessions overall in the whole game, and I won 31-0. They only got 75yds of total offense in the end. It was actually the best game that I've ever played.

So then I moved to the offseason, and all my players, having been named EA ICONS, want more money and new contracts. I was happy to give it to them, but all it meant was that I had to sign some rubbish rookies for my 2nd string guys, although I did get a really good SS and ROLB, which I need. My plan this year was to get a great LB like Ray Lewis, but I just didn't have enough money. Anyway, I resisted the urge to relocate to Bismarck, maybe I'll do it in a couple of years time.

This has been the best season ever from a Madden game and I can't wait for the next one. What I like is a few years down the line when I've got a load of new guys and the teams are all totally different, it's great. I also have the plan of taking over control of a couple of other teams (pats here I come), and relocating them to weird places like Chile, then abandoning them as soon as possible.
Thu 23/09/04 at 19:15
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Get money off!
I ended my first season 14-2-0. The two losses came shortly after I bumped it up to All Madden mode (nothing is automatic! not even the tackling or blocking or anything! arg!).

The first one was to the Cowboys, and it was 13-14. I had 3 drives at the end of the game but NONE of them got me into the endzone or even near enough for a field goal. It wasn't my fault, seeing as my offensive line just collapsed on every single play, and I couldn't run the ball at all.
The other loss was to Green Bay and that was 16-21, and I also had a chance to win the game at the end, but instead of winning Terrell Owens got injured for 6 weeks!

So from then on I've been playing without any WRs and I've got the lowest passing yardage in the league. But I have the no1 rushing and, in a stark, stark contrast to 2004, I have the no1 defense overall and on rushing defense. It's ridiculous! I've suddenly become really really good at defense - it just shows you how much more improved it is. In 2004 it was almost impossible to stop the pass, but nowadays things are much more balanced.

So now I've got the Quater-final game in the playoffs against the Seahawks, who are doing quite well. The playoff lineup looks strangely like a prediction for this year, with the Patriots, Redskins, Packers and Seahawks all in there.

The newspapers are great, as is the radio show, except that I find the weirdest things being said about my team. For a 13-2-0 team you wouldn't expect to be called "underachieving" before your last game with the BENGALS, who's newspaper predicted a 38-14 blowout. I sure showed them - the score was 31-14 to ME. Take that Cincinatti.

I've had no real problems with players (you don't get them when you keep winning), but next year I'm gonna trade some of my DBs and get a better offensive line. Despite what John Madden, Al Michaels and EA constantly tell us, its the OL that wins championships, not the defense.
Thu 23/09/04 at 10:53
Regular
"I ush!"
I got back from my trip, opened the package from SR which I knew contained Madden 2005 and . . found they sent it on the wrong format.

Boo them!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Wed 22/09/04 at 00:23
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I'm 4-1 right now. Got beaten by the Bucs with a last minute TD after rubbish pass defense. Brad Johnson killed us.

Just destroyed the Colts, though. They were 4-0 coming into the match, and Peyton Manning ended up completing only 9 of 27 attempts with 3 interceptions and no TDs. He kept doing audibles as well, which gets really, really frustrating when he audibles for 20 seconds after EVERY play. Grrr.

I also traded Kerry Collins (QB), who was moaning about being second in line to Gannon, for a younger guy who wanted less money and was equally is good. And now I have 5 million more on my salary cap. Yey.
Tue 21/09/04 at 22:36
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
Just moved to Las Vegas for some strange reason. The owner mode is actually incredible and extremely fun. McNabb won player of the year and is now asking for more money. Damn! This game is so good!
Tue 21/09/04 at 16:30
Regular
I NEED COMPARATION!
Tue 21/09/04 at 16:28
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
You're blatantly all fools.

FOOLS.

Madden = incredible.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.