GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Madden NFL 2005"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Madden NFL 2005'.
Sun 19/09/04 at 12:30
Regular
"bit of a brain"
If you don't buy this game then you are stupid/poor. It is clearly the best game on the Gamecube. That is all.
Sat 02/10/04 at 11:58
Regular
"I ush!"
If people are having trouble with madden I recommend reading my walkthroughs on the running game, passing game and defence. It's written for 2004 but seeing as its based around solid football most of it still applies.

So, my madden 2005 came (thank you SR) and I've rewritten history. Now my 49ers actually won the game I was watching against the falcons (woohoo). They also had a perfect season so I upped the difficulty to All-Pro. I think All-Madden will have to wait until I rebuild the team a little.

Has anyone managed to get the fake FB dive - HB toss play to work. I don't know what rattay is playing at, but he misses barlow every time, and for some reason I can't recover the fumble.

Went to see Bills at Oakland too- the one game I go to and JR doesn't catch a ball for the first time, ever >:(. Seats were awesome though. About six rows from the endzone.
Sat 02/10/04 at 11:50
Regular
What the hell?
They should give you a free memory card with it.

They expect me to buy a new memory card for this game?
I can't save all of it.

Grr.
Sat 02/10/04 at 11:19
Regular
ESPN's very good though.

And Madden just arrived there.

woop woop.

*Runs away*
Sat 02/10/04 at 00:40
Regular
"Football is #1"
Madden is #1, it's as simple as that. The Storyline is very amazing; something that sorry ESPN game doesn't have.
Fri 01/10/04 at 22:12
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> You poor little munn, you must be crying becase you don't have it.

It has still not arrived.
I am weeping.
Thu 30/09/04 at 23:10
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Oakland Raiders.

Who's your team?
Thu 30/09/04 at 23:00
Regular
"Ghosts Can't Die!"
Been playing Animal Crossing recently, but am going to start the 2006 season this weekend. Having won last year's superbowl this year the pressure's on. By the way any of you guys support a team?
Thu 30/09/04 at 16:53
Regular
"bit of a brain"
have you done Football 101? it's really quite helpful.
defense in 2004 is a bit hit and miss, and to win you basically have to score every time you get the ball. Having a mobile QB who you can scramble with helps a lot too. Try Vick or McNabb or Culpepper or McNair and see how you do.
My advice to you would be that if you have a strong running game, then run on first and second down, and if you've got more than 2 yards left on third down then throw a quick slant or out to complete the pass. What you'll find if you keep at your running game is that in the 4th quater you acn run every down and you'll gain around 7 or 8 yards, because the defense will be so beaten up. Once you have a viable running game you can mix it up with some play action passes and basically throw for huge yardage downfield as all the defenders get frozen on the fake. Oh, and always punt unless you KNOW you can convert and you have possession at least oputside your own 40.

As for defense, I'd suggest the cover 2 defense, as it works on most plays. You could run blitzes and trust your man coverage depending on how good your safeties are, or you could drop back into zones if you're not so confident in your defense. The trick is to mix it up so that the offense don't know what's coming, but you have to pay attention to what you think they're going to do. So if they're running 5 WRs and an empty backfield, its no use you blitzing them with 8 guys inthe box, because the backfield will just be empty.The best play to run here would be a 3 man line and man coverage.

As you play the game more, and as you watch the actual NFL more, you pick up strategies and you learn your own style of play.
Thu 30/09/04 at 10:30
Regular
"not dead"
Hell, I only bought 2004 recently (£8) but I mostly suck and try to get the last yard on 4th down, lose possession and concede touchdown after touchdown.

Yesterday I went into a 7-0 lead, and ended up losing 49-10. Not my worst defeat ever...
Wed 29/09/04 at 22:09
Regular
"bit of a brain"
You poor little munn, you must be crying becase you don't have it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.