GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DS Dated & Priced"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 21/09/04 at 07:21
Regular
"The upcoming Nintendo DS will make its worldwide debut in North America on November 21 and after that in Japan on December 2. The price of the unit will be at $149.99, much lower than the $199 rumoured. DS will be the first Nintendo system to make a debut outside its home, Japan."

Hurrah :D

And as well as all that, it now comes with Pictochat Built in...

The rest can be found here [URL]http://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=6973[/URL]
Thu 23/09/04 at 17:00
Regular
It does just keep getting better and better.

This is the ultimate battle of Graphics Vs. Innovation...

In the blue corner we have the mighty Sony PSP, a stylish looking gaming powerhouse but does nothing new.

In the red Corner the Nintendo DS, an innovative designed system that lacks the power.

It will test the public, will they opt for the console with the nicest ideas, the coolest new concepts and game designs.

Or will they opt for the graphically gorgeous games that play pretty similar games to what we've been playing in the past but is by far the best looking handheld both in the way it looks and the games they play.

The DS and PSP will truly be gunning for different mind sets. Those who want a top end system, and those who want a brand new concept.

I personally believe that for this reason we will never get a clear cut winner. The PSP may sell more than the DS or vice versa but they'll both enjoy fantastic sales. Nintendo just hope that when people discover how much fun the touch/duel screen idea is then, via word of mouth, this new idea will spread and PSP gamers will want this new experience rather than a portable PS2.

It may happen it may not. It isn't a major disaster if the PSP does survive the attack from the DS, nor is it a major disaster if the DS actually underperforms in the shadow of Sony's monster.

Nintendo's next Gameboy will be exactly what the PSP is now... only stronger. The DS and PSP "battle" will be going on for a good year or so, the DS will hold the PSP back... it will be a closely contested fight. And then Nintendo will launch the next Gameboy. Then how much chance does the PSP have???
Thu 23/09/04 at 10:14
Regular
Dringo & cookie monster wrote:
> Stuff about wi-fi

802.11b isn't really going to be a problem if you think about it - it's not as if there's going to be shedloads of data being transferred.

802.11g is usually for data-heavy transfers - I seriously doubt there will be any problems or limitations with using the 'b' standard.

DS is looking better and better. I can't wait to get my hands on it :D
Thu 23/09/04 at 10:10
Regular
I'm getting mine from videogamesplus.ca most probably.
Thu 23/09/04 at 10:03
Regular
"gametag = viperfire"
To the people importing there DS, what website are you ordering from?
Wed 22/09/04 at 20:18
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Pictochat is more of an application than a game.
Wed 22/09/04 at 18:27
"period drama"
Solskjær wrote:
> - Just out of interest, when was the last time we saw
> ANY kind of console come with a game built-in, eh??

Master System, wasn't it?
And what a game.
Wed 22/09/04 at 16:58
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I think the price of the PSP is the main putting off point, which is where Nintendo have made the DS especially attractive. You'll be able to get a PSTwo for half the price of a PSP when it's released :)
Wed 22/09/04 at 13:43
Regular
cookie monster wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
> Tis a shame that the dS is 802.11b
>
> Ha, how poor.

Especially as the PSP is g.

But acording to cube-3 anyone whinging about that should just shut it. I dunno how it'll effect the game either, especially as I haven't the foggiest idea on how wi-fi would work.

I guess Nintendo know what they are doing.
Wed 22/09/04 at 13:37
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Dringo wrote:
> Tis a shame that the dS is 802.11b

Ha, how poor.
Wed 22/09/04 at 13:37
Regular
It's like the most unlike Nintendo system we'll ever see...

I'm delighted Nintendo have come out all guns blazing...

Can their gameplay enhancing ideas out match the music and graphical powerhouse of the PSP?

I wouldn't be surprised.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.