GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DS Dated & Priced"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 21/09/04 at 07:21
Regular
"The upcoming Nintendo DS will make its worldwide debut in North America on November 21 and after that in Japan on December 2. The price of the unit will be at $149.99, much lower than the $199 rumoured. DS will be the first Nintendo system to make a debut outside its home, Japan."

Hurrah :D

And as well as all that, it now comes with Pictochat Built in...

The rest can be found here [URL]http://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=6973[/URL]
Wed 22/09/04 at 10:38
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I read on GameCentral this morning that it'll go for $150 in the US, which equivilates to around £84 in our money...

Then again, being Europeans, with them being Nintendo, I guess we're never gonna get it quite as good as that, now, are we. :P

It sounds like a good price for it anyway, if you ask me. It certainly won't put me off buying one (although, perhaps not on-release).

I'm also glad to see PictoChat comes built-in, so we don't have to fork out £30-odd quid for "MSN DS"... - Just out of interest, when was the last time we saw ANY kind of console come with a game built-in, eh??

Demoes for the DS? It only gets better! :)
Tue 21/09/04 at 23:21
Regular
Tis a shame that the dS is 802.11b
Tue 21/09/04 at 22:29
Regular
Whoo! I just realised that you said "otherwise"

I'll get my Wi-Fi in February then...it should be made certain by then whether or not we're going to benefit from wireless gaming.
Tue 21/09/04 at 22:18
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Edgy wrote:
> cookie monster wrote:
> Is your wi-fi on the 802.11g protocol? Otherwise it could get laggy.
>
> Just checked - yes. :(

You have 802.11g? This is good.

> Just a thought - Does Wi-Fi require a special ISP or is it just like
> having a wireless network that connects to the broadband connection
> via my router?

Its just like a normal network, just without the wires and higher speeds.
Tue 21/09/04 at 22:15
Regular
What I know is that my local maccy d's has a wireless broadband.
Tue 21/09/04 at 22:12
Regular
cookie monster wrote:
> Is your wi-fi on the 802.11g protocol? Otherwise it could get laggy.

Just checked - yes. :(

Just a thought - Does Wi-Fi require a special ISP or is it just like having a wireless network that connects to the broadband connection via my router?

I still don't understand Wi-Fi yet :P
Tue 21/09/04 at 22:10
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I would be extremely tempted to import it if i thought i would actually use it. Even if it isnt multi-regional you could still get the games cheaper from the USA than from here.
Tue 21/09/04 at 22:09
Regular
PsYİHo FoX 1987 wrote:
> DS in America before japan? Obviously there is something going on here
> that is behind the scenes as this is the second announcement of a big
> game franchse or console to come out before Japan or in the zelda
> GBA's case before America and Japan.

It's because the Japanese market is unpredictable...

Also Japanese shoppers wait longer to do Christmas shopping.
Tue 21/09/04 at 22:07
Regular
Wow! Not bad!

As for the Wi-fi - I'm not sure. I've got my motherboard's manual next to me so I'll begin the search...
Tue 21/09/04 at 22:04
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
"Update: According to USA today the Nintendo DS price, includes a copy of the game Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt, the demo version of Metroid Prime Hunters. Not to be confused, the PictoChat application will be built-in the hardware, whereas the Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt will be a Game Card that you can insert in the DS software port. That's really a nice move from Nintendo and with that low price we can expect some very strong sales of the hardware."

Hurrah!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.