GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DS Dated & Priced"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 21/09/04 at 07:21
Regular
"The upcoming Nintendo DS will make its worldwide debut in North America on November 21 and after that in Japan on December 2. The price of the unit will be at $149.99, much lower than the $199 rumoured. DS will be the first Nintendo system to make a debut outside its home, Japan."

Hurrah :D

And as well as all that, it now comes with Pictochat Built in...

The rest can be found here [URL]http://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=6973[/URL]
Fri 24/09/04 at 22:56
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Rickoss wrote:
> Nintendo will have have to issue a warning with the DS: Please DO NOT
> use your nobend as a stylus.

My arms aren't long enough to hold the DS *that* far away.. Duh. :P
Fri 24/09/04 at 21:37
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Just get some blu-tac...
Fri 24/09/04 at 21:20
Regular
"the burning sky"
It would be easy to implement an analogue stick with actually having a permanent one. Why Nintendo didnt just put in a hole for the Stylus to screw into, to make a kinda joysticky thingy, like you used to have on Megadrive controllers...
Fri 24/09/04 at 20:37
"period drama"
Ninty analogue beats a D-Pad even for fighters, thanks to the little octagonal guide thing around the stick. I can never get the diagonals in right with a D-Pad, always with the stick.
Fri 24/09/04 at 19:37
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> By using the touch screen as a map, moving the character around the
> map and on the screen in 3D??? Ala Metroid PRime.

You mean the new DS one?

It's a nice idea, but I can't imagine it ever being as practical and playable as traditional analogue play.
I mean, I'm not putting the idea down, but it'll never replace the stick.

A touch screen stick simulator would probably just about make do, but it would be flat, slippery, and lack the intuitive feel of the real thing.

If you want on of the defining differences between the gameplay of early Playstation and N64 games, the N64's analogue controlled games walked all over the restricted D-pad ones in all area's other than putting special move codes in for beat em ups.
Fri 24/09/04 at 19:28
Regular
Nintendo will have have to issue a warning with the DS: Please DO NOT use your nobend as a stylus.
Fri 24/09/04 at 19:22
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Fina.. feely..

Must have Skies DS now :|
Fri 24/09/04 at 16:09
Regular
tphi wrote:
> JC941 wrote:
> Im just imagining playing Beyond Good & Evil 2 on it now :) :)
>
> If only!

I've always wanted to get touchy feely with Jade...

Joke people.
Fri 24/09/04 at 15:29
Regular
"thursdayton!"
JC941 wrote:
> Im just imagining playing Beyond Good & Evil 2 on it now :) :)

If only!
Fri 24/09/04 at 15:12
Regular
Strafio wrote:

> Anysway, the DS is looking great, almost perfect if it wasn't for the
> lack of analogue stick, that'll seriously hamper the ability to make
> cutting edge 3D games, but I'm sure Nintendo will find a way around
> it one day...

By using the touch screen as a map, moving the character around the map and on the screen in 3D??? Ala Metroid PRime.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.