GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"For Tony, Ali and Notables"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/06/01 at 11:37
Regular
Please, unless you're one of the above, please dont spam this thread with nonsense, I just want opinions from these guys on the following:

I’ve been reading through the posts concerning how the forums have fallen recently, pointless topics etc and spamming from newbies just to get their stats up.
RBS suggested it should it based on time, not word counts and that’s cool.

I would also like to suggest that you use Moderators for the forums.
One or two people per forum that are able to monitor and/or modify posts.
Be it deleting or simply closing a thread to prevent anymore posts on something considered futile.
Be the moderators Notable or regulars that are respected and counted with expertise in particular forum topics.
For example, Sonic and Bonus are tech wizards, Grix seems to know Nintendo etc etc and I know movies and music.

I’m not saying Moderators should take over from SR web staff, it would just remove some pressure from you guys to monitor and check each thread, regulars you can trust and spend most of their day in here (being at work with nothing else to do etc) and can make sure their “allocated forum” maintains some degree of interest.

No idea if it would work, but I’ve seen moderators on other forums and it seems to work pretty well there.

Just an idea
Tue 12/06/01 at 10:47
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
*****TIME OUT******
PLZ READ:

Well, I think it cannot be disagreed that there needs to be something done to somehow reduce the number of rubbish posts without reducing people's involvement.

The only way to do this is for everyone to voice their views and concerns about it... not just notables and staff. If that were the case, it would leave many regs sho have been on the site since the beginning hard-done-by.

Anyway, I think myself and Bonus have raise some good points, and now the notables have entered their views to.

What would be most beneficial now is if the Staff put their views up. TONY? ALI?

Sonic
Tue 12/06/01 at 09:15
Regular
"qwertyuiop!!"
Didn't see that I have seen something that had SINPER in it though somewhere cos I remember seeing the name!
Mon 11/06/01 at 23:17
Regular
"everyone says it"
I watched it, it was quite brilliant actually, it didn't have very good acting but the storyline was there...

...there were two SNIPER's one was a son of the other, in the end he ends up shotting his dad through the head, because he has to make a choice between his dad and his mission....

:) wow
Mon 11/06/01 at 23:11
Oh, yeah, I remember seeing that in a mag. Didn't watch it though.
Mon 11/06/01 at 23:08
Regular
Yeah, I saw that in the mag. I considered watching it, for a few seconds. :0)

SNIPER! THE MOVIE!
Mon 11/06/01 at 22:49
Regular
oh yeah the other day i was looking throught TV guide and a movie called sniper came up. :D
Mon 11/06/01 at 22:34
cud i be the monitor of the dvd forum tony ali
Mon 11/06/01 at 21:02
"Moderator"
IQ is not an accurate representation of your intelligence and just the fact that you base the entire knowelge you have on a few simple facts is a testimant to your stupidness.

'(.)'
Mon 11/06/01 at 20:59
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Well, this is surely a joke? At the momnent we are currently only debating the moderator idea... anyway, if anyone gets the tech forum it will be Bonius or myself! (I'm gonn abe doing computer science next year)

Sonic

shaneo wrote:
> I know a lot of PC,DC and PS and have an extensive knowledge of
> Movies and Music. Just a bit of knowledge for you:

Pc:
Ram -
> Random Access Memory - runs at 100-1000 mhz

Dc:
Has a fan/56k
> modem - runs at approx 300mhz

Ps:
Runs at approx - runs at
> approx 100mhz

Movies:
Nicholas Cage - Con Air
JT Walsh ( rip) -
> Pleasantville,Sniper

Music:
Kurt Kobain - Nirvana - shot himself
> ( suicide )

That's just a minute sample of my knowledge. For a 12
> year old, I am very smart and my IQ is one of the highest in the
> country ( probably ) for someone my age.

Can I be a mod please?
Mon 11/06/01 at 19:53
Regular
"everyone says it"
Here is my idea for you to read over Goatboy, this is from the chat forum and is in my topic but thought I should also post it here:

In the past when Tony suggested this it received a negative feedback and many didn't like the idea.

That was the past, I would like to release my idea for a forum that would solve and increase the quality of all the forums....

The new forum will only have the 'real' regulars in it, these regulars can post topics, replies and opinions as they please, these 'real' regulars are users who Tony feels don't post spam or ruin the quality of topics. The forum will be readable by other regulars and newbies, but they can not contribute.

What will make this forum special is the fact that every so often a selection of users from the other forums will have a chance to post in the new forum and if they don't muck around they can have the privilage of staying there. I think with this we would see an increase of the quality of the current FOG's as users will want to get into the new forum and talk gaming with the likes of pb, Edgy, Ant, RBS etc...

For it to work though the users who are allowed will still have to contribute to the current FOG, and reply to newbies topics and posts, this will cause it still to be like it is today but with the bonus of the new forum for users to relax and talk serious gaming in.

Come on, it would work, as long as the 'real' regulars still post in the current forums.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.