GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Star Wars: Battlefront - Worth it?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Star Wars: Battlefront'.
Mon 27/09/04 at 10:51
Regular
Bearing in mind I like a decent single player and that I can't rent games, is this really worth the effot?

Heard a fair few on Mech Assault last night who were bored of it as well as a few people I know who have the PS2 version and are bored of it.

Wanting a relly top LIVE title that people will come back to and play again and again for the next few months, in all honesty is this really going to last above a couple of weeks?

Cheers.
Mon 27/09/04 at 11:44
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Being a badass Stormtrooper does have it's charms, but I don't have Live, so it doesn't appeal that much anymore.
Mon 27/09/04 at 11:33
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Light hath made his gameplay a very minor point.

Does he have Live?

(And of course, if he does, there's no way he'll tell anyone his Tag, so it's a vain hope...but, y'know)
Mon 27/09/04 at 11:31
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
I utterly love this game. I mean...you get to shoot Jar Jar's people. And Ewoks. Mech's can't offer that same thrill...
Mon 27/09/04 at 11:11
Regular
It is, but having pretty much played and completed all Star Wars games in existence I know how much they can be screwed up, 'niche' or no 'niche'.
Mon 27/09/04 at 11:09
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I wouldn't say that. It's impossible to 'take awy the feel' on levels like Hoth etc.

At times, it can be a little sterile - if, for example, nobody on your team is speaking. However, playing it without bots, and a lot of humans (including friends, obviously) it's great fun, and you really have to use a lot of team work.

+

Star Wars is perhaps the most mainstream 'niche' in existence!
Mon 27/09/04 at 11:03
Regular
Saying it was basically a poor rip of Mech Assault only with spawn capture.

The thing is, the majority of people who I have played on Mech Assault appreciate it for what it is, a mindless but bloody good fun 'shoot em up' where as Star Wars: Battlefront just looks like an average game that sits on the fence so to speak, you know what you will get with Mech Assault where as I don't with this.

Plus the fact that I enjoy Star Wars games without sounding like a bearded vampire and by the sounds of it they have made Battlefront a main stream game taking away the Star Wars feel.
Mon 27/09/04 at 10:56
Regular
"gsybe you!"
What were people complaining about?
Mon 27/09/04 at 10:56
Regular
Looking on a majority vote from those with a valid sense of what is a decent game. Heard plenty complaining about it, probably more than those actually enjoying it so I am now looking at a majority vote.
Mon 27/09/04 at 10:54
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Single player; no way.
Multiplayer; As long as you have plenty of humans (like any game actually), it's terrific fun. (I find it ironic people playing MechAssault are calling it boring already! ;) )

Well worth it. I'd say, anyway.

Edit:

BUT

You might not play it for weeks and weeks non-stop.
Mon 27/09/04 at 10:53
Regular
*awaits reply*

Have yet to buy this myself after not being too impressed by the demo in the SW Trilogy.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.