GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Star Wars: Battlefront - Worth it?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Star Wars: Battlefront'.
Mon 27/09/04 at 10:51
Regular
Bearing in mind I like a decent single player and that I can't rent games, is this really worth the effot?

Heard a fair few on Mech Assault last night who were bored of it as well as a few people I know who have the PS2 version and are bored of it.

Wanting a relly top LIVE title that people will come back to and play again and again for the next few months, in all honesty is this really going to last above a couple of weeks?

Cheers.
Tue 28/09/04 at 19:10
Regular
""To the pub...""
Silent Thunder wrote:
> As I'm (in Creepy's words) a gypsy for not having Live, what's the
> offline co-op/multiplayer like? I feel slightly compelled to buy this
> game.

I'm a gypsy in that case as well then and i think multiplayer is cool same as single player :P
Tue 28/09/04 at 19:06
Regular
""To the pub...""
Mav wrote:
> Tiltawhirl wrote:
> You base your opinions of a game on a one level offline demo of an
> online game, therefore your opinion accounts for diddily squat.
>
> Rubbish. They want to give me a feel of how the game plays. I came, I
> saw, I disliked. Perhaps I can't talk about how it plays online, but
> in terms of gameplay mechanics, controls and animation my opinion
> holds just as much weight as yours. Besides, it's a fairly common
> view that the single player isn't up to much.

Tiltawhirl is right.

The full game has better graphics / sound / options the whole game is alot better and single player is fun as well i suggest you play the full game then if u don't like it fair enough.
Tue 28/09/04 at 18:58
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
As I'm (in Creepy's words) a gypsy for not having Live, what's the offline co-op/multiplayer like? I feel slightly compelled to buy this game.
Tue 28/09/04 at 18:35
Regular
"BOSE"
Mav, Mav, Mav...

I played the demo and i thought it was alright. my opinions weren't too high and all. but when my full copy arrived, then after 5mins playing with easy controls i knew what does what (my nephew could easily get used to the controls and proberly take down a few droids before he got wasted, he's 9). really nice animation, lovely graphics etc. it's a great game. i'm 110% satasfied. I'd bet my kidney this'd be great fun on live too :-)
Tue 28/09/04 at 17:52
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> You base your opinions of a game on a one level offline demo of an
> online game, therefore your opinion accounts for diddily squat.

Rubbish. They want to give me a feel of how the game plays. I came, I saw, I disliked. Perhaps I can't talk about how it plays online, but in terms of gameplay mechanics, controls and animation my opinion holds just as much weight as yours. Besides, it's a fairly common view that the single player isn't up to much.
Tue 28/09/04 at 12:29
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> Light - You should. Belldandy is Red Cell UK. I'm not sure if that is
> his way of coming out as a communist, but there are quite a few games
> you could shoot him in. Probably be good for your blood pressure as
> well.

Heh. I honestly think that being shot online by either myself or Goatboy would cause him to have a full blown heart attack. I want him to keep at least a little dignity.
Tue 28/09/04 at 10:54
Regular
"Touched!"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> sPiKeCaSt wrote:
> Hey Ali , what is your CS:Source username? I'll add you to my
> friends
> list, I'll make an effort to play you very soon, just had a lot of
> with uni, sorry about the other night mate!
>
> I'll be honest, I didn't get on either. I didn't get in from college
> until 9:15pm. I was under the impression that Founder's Club members
> got to download a copy of the game however nothing has shown up so a
> quick glance around the net sop that I couldn't grab it anywhere. I
> know there is one with Condition Zero so I am going to nip out either
> Thursday or Friday of this week and pick it up. I can't really get on
> any earlier than that anyway what with work and college.

No probs mate, I'm busy with Uni this week too, but I'm free all night thurs and after 10pm on friday/all weekend, so feel free to give me a shout when you have it :)
Tue 28/09/04 at 10:51
Regular
Mav wrote:
> Played the demo.
>
> Clunky controls, poor atmosphere, pretty slow... it ain't very good.

You base your opinions of a game on a one level offline demo of an online game, therefore your opinion accounts for diddily squat.
Tue 28/09/04 at 08:36
Regular
sPiKeCaSt wrote:
> Hey Ali , what is your CS:Source username? I'll add you to my friends
> list, I'll make an effort to play you very soon, just had a lot of
> with uni, sorry about the other night mate!

I'll be honest, I didn't get on either. I didn't get in from college until 9:15pm. I was under the impression that Founder's Club members got to download a copy of the game however nothing has shown up so a quick glance around the net sop that I couldn't grab it anywhere. I know there is one with Condition Zero so I am going to nip out either Thursday or Friday of this week and pick it up. I can't really get on any earlier than that anyway what with work and college.
Tue 28/09/04 at 01:54
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I just played on Hoth, with me on the Empire side against like 6 French guys. For some reason the host only had like 3 or 4 bots on each side. I jumped into an ATAT (of course) and went on to paint the snow blood red with all 6 of them. Me and my measley little bot team went on to win with around 120 points to spare.

Even managed to step on one of them when he got a bit too clever getting up close with his rocket launcher. That one game just made up the game's price tag alone. ;-)

Me and Cyclone almost got to team up in an ATAT earlier. Unfortunatly I had a slight delay getting into the game and all the retard ATAT pilot wannabes got into them first and had them destroyed within like 5 steps. Ended up spending most of the game waiting for the ATATs to respawn. Oh well, there will be another day Cyclone, we'll get there first and no poxy rebel scumbag will be left standing ! Mwahahahahaha !

Oh and that French game - I managed to destroy 31 Snowspeeders. ;-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.