GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Star Wars: Battlefront - Worth it?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Star Wars: Battlefront'.
Mon 27/09/04 at 10:51
Regular
Bearing in mind I like a decent single player and that I can't rent games, is this really worth the effot?

Heard a fair few on Mech Assault last night who were bored of it as well as a few people I know who have the PS2 version and are bored of it.

Wanting a relly top LIVE title that people will come back to and play again and again for the next few months, in all honesty is this really going to last above a couple of weeks?

Cheers.
Wed 29/09/04 at 09:55
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Ive only been online with this afew times, been caning the single player.

But when i did go online i was just laughing all the way through. I enter a game, i was some little midget thing running around in the bushes, then i looked up and saw creppu in one of those ATATASTSaast, things. And i just laughed my head off, creppu going around killing everything in his sight, i could just imagine his face, sitting on his bed at home playing SW:BF. Another game we working together in some flying thing.

Its was just a great laugh. Probley be going online again abit later.
Wed 29/09/04 at 09:28
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Look, just search for a no bot game, heros off, dedicated if you want.

Then, click on a game until you get one without 'Network conditions', and you're off. Invite some friends and have a blast.

It's terrific.
Wed 29/09/04 at 03:25
Regular
"8==="
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> You can't have disliked it that much if that paragraph makes you want
> to play it again.

I don't, it's fun, I just get bored of it quickly and as soon as the next decently large multiplayer game comes out I will drop it like a stone.

I'm equally happy to have it as I am to sell it off if that makes any sense.

Sold one copy if anyone wants the other one (£25) then let me know.
Tue 28/09/04 at 22:56
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Just finished playign a bunch of excellent games. :-) Had to get an XBox Live update which seems to have cleared things up a bit with the lag too. Still get a little lag on some games, but nowhere near as bad as I got in other games before. Played in a 24 player game - excellent stuff. ;-)

Also had an excellent game on Endor. Me and my cousin were in an ATST and our team had 10 points left compared to the other teams 70. Me and my cousin provided cover while our team took some spawn points and then our ATST bumped into a nice big group of them and about 30 seconds later, we had 8 guys left to their 5, then by the end of it, there were 3 of us left standing in a mass light of glory. ;-)

Me and my cousin managed to survive the whole thing in the ATST. But then it helps when I know where to go and avoid the traps. ;-)
Tue 28/09/04 at 22:48
Regular
You can't have disliked it that much if that paragraph makes you want to play it again.
Tue 28/09/04 at 22:04
Regular
Yes - have to say I'm now a lot more intrigued, being a big Star Wars fan.
Tue 28/09/04 at 21:45
Regular
"8==="
Hmmmmmm, you've persuaded me to give it another go.
Tue 28/09/04 at 21:22
Regular
The atmosphere's only wafer thin online if you're playing with crap people.

I had just had an amazing game on the Mos Eisley level with 24 players and 16 bots on each side, all the way it was just an intense fire fight down the tight corridors with people yelling out asking for back-up and covering fire.

Really is nothing like it on Live, if you manage to get into a decent server with tons of human players then it's simply the best game on Live at the moment.
Tue 28/09/04 at 21:10
Regular
"8==="
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Mav wrote:
> Played the demo.
>
> Clunky controls, poor atmosphere, pretty slow... it ain't very good.
>
> You base your opinions of a game on a one level offline demo of an
> online game, therefore your opinion accounts for diddily squat.

Apart from what he says is pretty much correct and basically what I realised after playing the game for about 7 hours on the first day.

Autoaiming is half the game, the vehicles certainly are clunky to control and the atmosphere is wafer thin.

Still, pretty good fun in a shortlived way.
Tue 28/09/04 at 19:27
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
The multiplayer/co-op on the game is excellent. It adds more excitement in that you and a friend can work together in vehicles and stuff, so its always cool when you work together to win. ;-)

I'm surprised that the demo was released with the box set in the condition it was in. It was obviously from an early stage of developement and with the end product being so much better, I think they should have made a more recent demo to show people how the game plays.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.