GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I have no love for the forums any more."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 10/06/01 at 14:36
Regular
Every day, you could come on, and there would be... six, perhaps five new topics. Each of them would be excellently written, discussing new points. It was interesting to see what people had thought of, and it would be fun to argue the points.

That was six months ago. Since then, what's happened?

About 20 new topics are created every day, about two of which are worth reading. Regulars are dropping like flies, and some of the most respected of people on the forum don't come on any more.

In my opinion, the legacy of the FOG's have fallen. We do little more than chat pointlessly now. Even the stories, which have kept me here for the past six months, seem pointless these days.

What used to be a cozy forum, with people coming on and winning games, then leaving, with the handful of regulars who were always guaranteed to turn up every night, has turned into a mass of people, all chattering with no thought for entertainment, with only a good one or two topics every day.

As I join the likes of ssxpro, Wookiee Monster, FantasyMeister, Sniper, by leaving, I make this topic not so I can flatter myself with people telling me not to leave, but I make this topic because it's important that the FOG does not get any more worse than it already is. I hope that by showing people are not interested in the FOG these days, I hope that something can be done to bring the quality of the forums back to the greatness that it once was.

But... I shall not be handing in my resignation as a notable. Make what you want of this, but I have my reasons.

Tony, Sheepy, The Game, Rasta, Edgy, Turbo, Meka, Pb, er-no, Sniper, Venombyte, Rav, Ant, Darkness, Ali, Mouldy Cheese, De Sol, Dan_uk, M16, webmaster, FM, MWA, Goatboy, Wookiee, ssxpro, Shanksy, Reaper, Terry S, Iguana, Bonus, Fogmaster, Your Honour... I bid you all farewell. I hope you can bring to this forum what seems to be missing today.
Sun 07/04/02 at 19:49
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> As for a system... what about simply matching membership details to the details
> being put into here?

You could have enter your membership number whever you log into the forums...

Email addy, password & membership number?
or it may be decernable via the email addy alone?
or it could be a field in the 'edit user details' section?
Sun 07/04/02 at 19:47
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Hercules! wrote:
If
> anything like that does get introduced then id become a member.
I was thinking
> of becoming one anyway but i dont often have the money to buy games regularly so
> i didnt really see the point in me joining.

You can claim a free game when you join too!
Sun 07/04/02 at 19:46
"slightlyshortertagl"
Anyway you'll find that mpst people around here are on it so ts worth joining...
(MSN)
Sun 07/04/02 at 19:38
Regular
"Hmmm....."
If you were asking if i had any of them then nope i dont but if you were saying an alternative to these forums if people drop then yes, fair enough.

If anything like that does get introduced then id become a member.
I was thinking of becoming one anyway but i dont often have the money to buy games regularly so i didnt really see the point in me joining.
Sun 07/04/02 at 19:33
"slightlyshortertagl"
Hercules! wrote:
> HálloHowArtThou wrote:
> Hercules! wrote:

> we'd see lots of
> people dropping out of
> here.

Surely that would be
> good?

-----------

in some ways yes but in others no.

idiots dropping -
> good thing

good posters, friends and people like that - bad thing

MSN, AIM or Yaahoo?
Sun 07/04/02 at 19:33
"slightlyshortertagl"
Hercules! wrote:
> HálloHowArtThou wrote:
> Hercules! wrote:

> we'd see lots of
> people dropping out of
> here.

Surely that would be
> good?

-----------

idiots dropping -
> good thing

MSN?
Sun 07/04/02 at 19:31
Regular
"Hmmm....."
HálloHowArtThou wrote:
> Hercules! wrote:

> we'd see lots of people dropping out of
> here.

Surely that would be good?

-----------

idiots dropping - good thing

Sun 07/04/02 at 19:30
"slightlyshortertagl"
Less people would mean less spam and less spam would see the QUALITY of the forums going up then we wouldnt have all the problems with notables dropping away :-D
Sun 07/04/02 at 19:27
"slightlyshortertagl"
Hercules! wrote:

> we'd see lots of people dropping out of here.

Surely that would be good?
Sun 07/04/02 at 19:26
Regular
"Hmmm....."
I think they could introduce it for the UKChatForums GAD each day but not sure about the UKreviews one.

I think thats what im best at and i think that submitting a decent review is worth a GAD.
Just think of what those professionals get for doing one review in a magazine or on a professional website or something.Quite a bit.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.