GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I have no love for the forums any more."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 10/06/01 at 14:36
Regular
Every day, you could come on, and there would be... six, perhaps five new topics. Each of them would be excellently written, discussing new points. It was interesting to see what people had thought of, and it would be fun to argue the points.

That was six months ago. Since then, what's happened?

About 20 new topics are created every day, about two of which are worth reading. Regulars are dropping like flies, and some of the most respected of people on the forum don't come on any more.

In my opinion, the legacy of the FOG's have fallen. We do little more than chat pointlessly now. Even the stories, which have kept me here for the past six months, seem pointless these days.

What used to be a cozy forum, with people coming on and winning games, then leaving, with the handful of regulars who were always guaranteed to turn up every night, has turned into a mass of people, all chattering with no thought for entertainment, with only a good one or two topics every day.

As I join the likes of ssxpro, Wookiee Monster, FantasyMeister, Sniper, by leaving, I make this topic not so I can flatter myself with people telling me not to leave, but I make this topic because it's important that the FOG does not get any more worse than it already is. I hope that by showing people are not interested in the FOG these days, I hope that something can be done to bring the quality of the forums back to the greatness that it once was.

But... I shall not be handing in my resignation as a notable. Make what you want of this, but I have my reasons.

Tony, Sheepy, The Game, Rasta, Edgy, Turbo, Meka, Pb, er-no, Sniper, Venombyte, Rav, Ant, Darkness, Ali, Mouldy Cheese, De Sol, Dan_uk, M16, webmaster, FM, MWA, Goatboy, Wookiee, ssxpro, Shanksy, Reaper, Terry S, Iguana, Bonus, Fogmaster, Your Honour... I bid you all farewell. I hope you can bring to this forum what seems to be missing today.
Mon 08/04/02 at 16:54
Regular
"Jags is teh l33t"
i agree.

I come on less than i did. When i joined i was amazed by the constant quality of writing coming from almost everyone. It was a rare occasion that we had many newbies or JATS.

Now the forums are filled with people who come try to win and leave. And Various versions of shaneo.

Mabey the decent posters amoung us should move ourselves over to prime and make it better. Let them drown in spam in chat.
Mon 08/04/02 at 10:56
Meka Dragon wrote:
Hell, I only became a member of SR in the first place because I was so chuffed to win my first GAD.

- - -

Same here. I thought it was a joke, at first. It just sounds childesh, but seeing your name up there, for the first time, it's like a sudden rush. Most things appear to have hidden charges, either that or they're a con, but GAD was genuine and that's something hard to find.

Mon 08/04/02 at 10:54
Regular
Check the date genius.
Mon 08/04/02 at 10:42
Regular
"I confused?"
Oh no what what a tear jerker. Look, goatboy tried this he said he was going, But he came back because really no gave a cared that he left.
So forgive me if i don't fall on my knees begging and crying for anyone that leaves to come back.
Mon 08/04/02 at 10:36
Regular
"not dead"
Hell, I only became a member of SR in the first place because I was so chuffed to win my first GAD.

Because of these forums I pre-ordered my Gamecube from SR, and will no doubt buy most of my stuff from them, because it's always cheaper than stuff in shops.

Whether you should be a member to win? I'm not sure it would do much for the quality of the posts.

And I still try to entertain you freaks, not that you bloody appreciate it. ;-)
Sun 07/04/02 at 21:23
Regular
"facepartyid prodigy"
U left my name out :-(
Sun 07/04/02 at 21:22
Regular
Grix, can you read my reply, I have brought up an interesting point that has so far gone unoticed...
Sun 07/04/02 at 21:21
Regular
Stryke wrote:
"This may get me banned"

Yeah, right Stryke. :0)

You do get the mag too though. And a free gift, not always that poor too. My Gameboy carry case I use all the time, that was a free gift.

I buy games, accessories, and Gamecubes, from SR. Everynow and again I buy games from elsewhere, but usually from here. DVD's I get elsewhere, because I'm not made of money. :0)

But really... £7.50? For a mag every other month or so, and a little free gift, AND then the chance to "Win THREE game's/DVD's of your choice everyday!" That's not a bad deal. They may even put up the price... but what the heck.
Sun 07/04/02 at 20:58
Regular
"That's right!"
Yeah, I can get cheaper DVDs from other places, and I very rarely buy games any more (last one I got was Max Payne I believe) But, still, £7.50 isn't exactly a lot for one years worth of being able to win GAD. And who knows, with this extra money for them, maybe they'll bump the prizes up? ;) Heh (you can always hope)
Sun 07/04/02 at 20:55
Regular
"everyone says it"
Grix Thraves wrote:
No passion, me
> says.

I try. If ever I make a topic in Prime now (which is now rarer than Golden Rhino himself I put thought and try and keep it original).

Maybe I am just one of the few that try.

I have slowed down visits to these forums, now really only coming to post when I get sent a link from someone like Dringo or something.

I am just singing into sweet uncertainty.
The forums are doing an N64, Tony should be here more.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.