GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"England Squad Named for Argentina"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 06/11/05 at 21:59
Regular
Robinson (Tottenham)
Green (Norwich)
James (Man City)

Neville (Everton)
Young (Charlton)
Bridge (Chelsea)
Konchesky (West Ham)
Ferdinand (Man Utd)
Terry (Chelsea)
Campbell (Arsenal)
King (Tottenham)

Beckham (Real Madrid)
Gerrard (Liverpool)
Lampard (Chelsea)
J Cole (Chelsea)
Wright-Phillips (Chelsea)
Jenas (Tottenham)
Smith (Man Utd)
Carrick (Tottenham)

Owen (Newcastle)
Rooney (Man Utd)
Defoe (Tottenham)
Crouch (Liverpool)

Bloody hell Sven, why do we have makeshift defensive midfielder Alan Smith in there instead of Scott Parker? Christ, that really, really irritates me. Seriously, what more can he do? He is vastly more talented in that position that Smith could ever hope to be.
Tue 08/11/05 at 11:49
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Stryke wrote:

> and the fact that
> if Woodgate ever gets fit for a prolonged period of time he's a more
> accomplished defender than King - just don't see it.

Unlikely. I can't really see Woodgate getting a regular England place especially not before the World Cup. Shame he's been out for ages and is now injured again as he would have been a great asset to the team.
Tue 08/11/05 at 11:17
Regular
Smedlos wrote:
> . King on the other
> hand deserves a starting spot as at the minute he's far better than
> Ferdinand and Campbell and I can see him being a regular for many
> years to come.

--

Nope. For a central defence berth he's always going to be behind Ferdinand and Terry, and that's when Campbell has retired. Add in Carragher playing just as well, for a lot longer, and the fact that if Woodgate ever gets fit for a prolonged period of time he's a more accomplished defender than King - just don't see it.

And his little run in defensive midfield won't last long either. No way he's playing Ledley King in midfield for the World Cup. So it worked against an awful awful team once. Big cheers all round. Parker/Hargreaves all the way. If that's even how the formation goes.
Tue 08/11/05 at 11:14
Regular
Lil Bro wrote:

>
> I think Jenas deserves a place based on his performances so far.

--

English midfielders playing better than Jens this season so far:

Lampard
Gerrard
Parker
Carrick
Nolan
Danny Danny Murphy

No chance for Jenas ever. Wahey, he scored against Man Utd. Jenas typifies what is wrong with Sven's selection. He just decides Jenas should be there, regardless of how well he's playing. Not a single person could say with a straight face he deserves a place over Danny, or even Nolan.

--
Tue 08/11/05 at 11:11
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> Jenas has played really well lately.
>
> And go on Crouch, prove Stryke wrong by turning in another fantastic
> performance.

--

Hate to copy exactly what Mav said, but "another"? He rarely puts in a performance above mediocre. He's done nothing worthwhile ever.
Tue 08/11/05 at 09:19
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Lil Bro wrote:
> Spurs have the joint most played in the squad, excellent to see.
>
> I think Jenas deserves a place based on his performances so far. I
> don't really like him, but he's played pretty well. Not sure about
> him over Parker, but I won't complain.
>
> King too has been fantastic so far this season, and to be honest, I'd
> play him over Rio currently, and perhaps even Campbell. He's been
> faultless against United, Arsenal and Bolton, and deserves a shot.

Jenas isn't very consistent and I can't really remember an outstanding England match performance from him. King on the other hand deserves a starting spot as at the minute he's far better than Ferdinand and Campbell and I can see him being a regular for many years to come.
Mon 07/11/05 at 22:55
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
Spurs have the joint most played in the squad, excellent to see.

I think Jenas deserves a place based on his performances so far. I don't really like him, but he's played pretty well. Not sure about him over Parker, but I won't complain.

King too has been fantastic so far this season, and to be honest, I'd play him over Rio currently, and perhaps even Campbell. He's been faultless against United, Arsenal and Bolton, and deserves a shot.
Mon 07/11/05 at 20:55
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Dringo wrote:

> And go on Crouch, prove Stryke wrong by turning in another fantastic
> performance.

As much as I'd like Crouch to play well I can't see it happening.
Mon 07/11/05 at 19:58
Regular
"Another" fantastic performance?
Mon 07/11/05 at 19:33
Regular
Jenas has played really well lately.

And go on Crouch, prove Stryke wrong by turning in another fantastic performance.
Mon 07/11/05 at 15:42
Regular
You win some, you lose some. I haven't played FM2006 yet, but when I do, I'm signing Mascherano. He was one of the best defensive midfielders in the last game.

Carra's out as a precaution, according to liverpoolfc.tv. Good.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.