GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"England Squad Named for Argentina"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 06/11/05 at 21:59
Regular
Robinson (Tottenham)
Green (Norwich)
James (Man City)

Neville (Everton)
Young (Charlton)
Bridge (Chelsea)
Konchesky (West Ham)
Ferdinand (Man Utd)
Terry (Chelsea)
Campbell (Arsenal)
King (Tottenham)

Beckham (Real Madrid)
Gerrard (Liverpool)
Lampard (Chelsea)
J Cole (Chelsea)
Wright-Phillips (Chelsea)
Jenas (Tottenham)
Smith (Man Utd)
Carrick (Tottenham)

Owen (Newcastle)
Rooney (Man Utd)
Defoe (Tottenham)
Crouch (Liverpool)

Bloody hell Sven, why do we have makeshift defensive midfielder Alan Smith in there instead of Scott Parker? Christ, that really, really irritates me. Seriously, what more can he do? He is vastly more talented in that position that Smith could ever hope to be.
Tue 08/11/05 at 20:49
Regular
"not dead"
And Georgey, I'll not be in Switzerland, I'll watch it at home. And maybe just the highlights.

And I'll still have an opinion on it, so I'm looking forward to your 'were you actually there?' nonsense, as if it makes any difference whatsoever.
Tue 08/11/05 at 20:46
Regular
"not dead"
Dringo wrote:

> And crouch has played well for liverpool.

I'll be kind to him, and not rate him on his lack of goals this season, but the Liverpool team haven't scored many goals in general, so he's hardly working wonders for their front line, is he?

I mean, it's early days, and partnerships need time to form, but so far he's not done the job he's been brought in to do well enough for a team like Liverpool.
Tue 08/11/05 at 20:31
Regular
"betterthanmoneymake"
Dear me you guys still dont know what you are on about...i thought it was changing after this comment....

Dringo wrote:
> Parker should be in the squad.

But then you went and spoilt it.

> And crouch has played well for liverpool.

Hope to see some of you in switzerland on saturday
Tue 08/11/05 at 20:05
Regular
Parker should be in the squad.

And crouch has played well for liverpool.
Tue 08/11/05 at 20:03
Regular
"Funky Gibon"
Well at the moment unless Sven does a stupid tactic the midfield will always include Lampard and Gerrard unless injured. He even said they weren't 100% but he still played them. Until they retire or are injured they will always play in the team. However if a new manager so happens to appear then they should bring in that each player has to earn his role and it will never be guarentied
Tue 08/11/05 at 19:52
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Nolan's done well for Bolton, but there's no way in hell he should be
> in the England squad. Up against a team like Argentina he doesn't
> stand a chance, the same goes for Crouch.

That's why it's only a friendly. He has his chance to prove himself.
Tue 08/11/05 at 18:43
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Why is everyone having a go at Jenas? I thought he was crap too, but he's been impressive since he signed for Spurs. And he's not the same kind of player as Parker, it's not a like-for-like choice.

And Stryke, you say Hargreaves controls the midfield for Bayern, but as far as I know he's much more of a bit part player than you make out. I may be wrong, but I think he does pretty much for Bayern as he does for England - whatever midfield role needs doing. And I don't think he always starts.
Tue 08/11/05 at 18:29
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Nolan's done well for Bolton, but there's no way in hell he should be
> in the England squad. Up against a team like Argentina he doesn't
> stand a chance, the same goes for Crouch.

--

And Jenas/Carrick/Konchesky/Young/other wasters are? Nolan is a box-to-box midfielder who gives as good as he gets and has a belter of a shot. He'd be far more effective coming from the bench than the likes of Jenas.

Agree with Crouch though, obviously.

And yes, Hargreaves is injured. Otherwise he'd be there, anchoring the midfield for the German champions and all that.
Tue 08/11/05 at 18:05
Regular
Is Hargreaves STILL injured?
Tue 08/11/05 at 15:27
Regular
Nolan's done well for Bolton, but there's no way in hell he should be in the England squad. Up against a team like Argentina he doesn't stand a chance, the same goes for Crouch.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.