GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fire Red/Leaf Green"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pokemon Leaf Green/ Fire Red'.
Sat 02/10/04 at 12:22
Regular
I'm in two minds to get this.

Having collected all 150 Pokemon (I never did get Mew *sobs*) I feel little point in spending about 30 quid just to play it again in colour.

But, the new features, like the mystery islands could be quite fun.

What should I do?

Maybe if a win GAD (fat chance) I'll claim it as my prize. After Burnout 3, which I still haven't bought (I am quite stupid).

Anyone got it? Is there any point in getting it if you had the original games?

Cheers.
Sat 02/10/04 at 12:44
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
I played Ruby through around a month ago, to level up good pokémon in order to transfer them to Leaf Green in order to make things faster. Then I realised that you can trade with R/S AFTER beating the Elite Four. Gah. Now I have to do it the old-fashioned way.

I just arrived at Victory Road, with a good squad, including Articuno and Zapdos. I also have my Master Ball ready for MewTwo after beating the Elite Four.

10 hours is a long time. I checked Pokémon yellow again today, after not touching it for 3 or so years... I had played for 35 hours with 151 pokémon. Yikes!
Sat 02/10/04 at 12:42
Regular
Anyone remember the 'Missingo' cheat?

That really ballsed up your game if you caught it. It 'twas fun getting 100 or so of the item 6th in your list, but then I went and caught the damn thing!

My game became so messed up. Everything was back to front and all the text was in some wierd cyber-genetic launguage (I think it was American)

So then, tearfully, I had to reset and start a new game.

And then my friend came down and give me all three starters, and one of the fossils :D
Sat 02/10/04 at 12:38
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Tomoose wrote:
> There's a glitch in Red/Blue that actually allows you to get Mew, its
> the only thing that made me want to play the game after my 150
> Pokemon save got wiped... dunno if it'll be in the new games tho'

That old chestnut..

You can get Mew in Fire/Leaf if you're really bothered about that. And most of the Legendaries. They made it so you could get every Pokémon in-game if you have all Fire/Leaf/Ruby/Sapphire I thinks, and Jirachi you get free with the cack Pokémon Channel.

I want to get this, but I never got round to finishing my US Sapphire I imported a year ago :D So that'll come first. Stuck in some Underwater Cave place.
Sat 02/10/04 at 12:38
Regular
Tomoose wrote:
> It was something to do with not battling a certain trainer after the
> bridge, and another one at a guardpost, twas complex but it worked,
> and now i have a nice Mew :P

Damn. I didn't do that *sobs*.

Anyway, in FR/LG you get to visit some islands at the end with the likes of Ho-oh etc. So that should keep me busy.
Sat 02/10/04 at 12:37
Regular
"the burning sky"
It was something to do with not battling a certain trainer after the bridge, and another one at a guardpost, twas complex but it worked, and now i have a nice Mew :P
Sat 02/10/04 at 12:35
Regular
Tomoose wrote:
> There's a glitch in Red/Blue that actually allows you to get Mew, its
> the only thing that made me want to play the game after my 150
> Pokemon save got wiped... dunno if it'll be in the new games tho'

Is that the one where you had to trade for a Pokemon with cut so that the S.S.Anne wouldn't leave port?

I tried that once, but I think you need to do more than that. I think it's something to do with a Rocket Member anda lv100 Nidoking.

Ah what the hell.
Sat 02/10/04 at 12:34
Regular
That sounds promsing.

You're swaying me toward buying it Microchips.

Then again, when I think about it I'm going to get Metal Slug 3 and Alien Hominid, and those games have been tarted up from before (MS3 being an arcade game, AH being a flash game on the net) so I have no arguement now.

Haha Dale, you're gonna have to buy it know!

:S
Sat 02/10/04 at 12:34
Regular
"the burning sky"
There's a glitch in Red/Blue that actually allows you to get Mew, its the only thing that made me want to play the game after my 150 Pokemon save got wiped... dunno if it'll be in the new games tho'
Sat 02/10/04 at 12:29
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
I imported Leaf Green from America when it came out a few weeks ago. It's definitely worth the money, and there's nostalgia all the way through.

Everything just seems, you know, right. Like the way Game Freak/Nintendo wanted it to look in 1996.
Sat 02/10/04 at 12:22
Regular
I'm in two minds to get this.

Having collected all 150 Pokemon (I never did get Mew *sobs*) I feel little point in spending about 30 quid just to play it again in colour.

But, the new features, like the mystery islands could be quite fun.

What should I do?

Maybe if a win GAD (fat chance) I'll claim it as my prize. After Burnout 3, which I still haven't bought (I am quite stupid).

Anyone got it? Is there any point in getting it if you had the original games?

Cheers.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.