GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fire Red/Leaf Green"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pokemon Leaf Green/ Fire Red'.
Sat 02/10/04 at 12:22
Regular
I'm in two minds to get this.

Having collected all 150 Pokemon (I never did get Mew *sobs*) I feel little point in spending about 30 quid just to play it again in colour.

But, the new features, like the mystery islands could be quite fun.

What should I do?

Maybe if a win GAD (fat chance) I'll claim it as my prize. After Burnout 3, which I still haven't bought (I am quite stupid).

Anyone got it? Is there any point in getting it if you had the original games?

Cheers.
Wed 06/10/04 at 16:59
"The Will of D."
Don't forget about the pickas in the power plant at around level 24-26, now those are a lot tougher to catch if you just try the fully healed and asleep catch, also Zapdos is still there as usual, level 50.
I just went to the one-three islands and noticed moltres in Mt. Ember, didn't battle it though as it's level 50 too and I would get creamed.
Ah the hardest elite four has got to be the red and blue elite four (and yellow too, as I wouldn't know about it as i hadn't played the originals), plus once you beat them they are the best lot to train against. Altough having someone like Ash to fight after the elite four like in gold and silver who was around level 70-80 was quite a good work-out coz when he wasn't there you had to fight the elite four again to make him appear again, so you have to get some training done just to get to him.
Wed 06/10/04 at 16:31
Regular
Yeah, Pikachus can be found in Viridian Forest but they are rare in Red.

BTW, you won't be able to trade with Ruby/Sapphire until after beating the Elite 4, so you're going to need to trade them to a Fire Red/Leaf Green cart to do it realistically.
Wed 06/10/04 at 11:46
"The Will of D."
Don't worry i went there and put it to sleep with my pokemon catching gloom (that's basically it's only function except it also has Flash and Cut) and used a great ball, and caught it in one go. I doubt I would have been able to weaken it anyway considering all my pokemon are level 35-39 (maybe not Lapras, but level 32 isn't bad). It's pretty funny coz almost all of my team are males except for the gloom when i expected a few females, but not one though.
Wed 06/10/04 at 09:46
Regular
"Anger leads to hate"
PsYİHo FoX 1987 wrote:

> Hey do you have any idea where I can find a pikachu in fire red?

Right at the begining, they be in the first forest, although rare, you should be able to bump into one after 10-15 mins. Only trouble is they are weak, and i killed the first one i spotted in one blow. Grrrr!
Wed 06/10/04 at 08:18
"The Will of D."
Whitestripes X wrote:
> In Fire Red/Leaf Green you are able to breed the 3 starters with
> another Pokemon in it's category to get a baby
> Bulbasaur/Squirtle/Charmander right?
>
> So if my mate starts with Squitle, I start with a Bulbasaur and trade
> it to him, then restart with a Charmander, we will be able to breed
> more so we can both have one of each yeah?

That's cool, that way I won't have to restart twice to trade the other 2 over if i get both games. I could just trade my main guys to ruby and then restart on fire and then just trade from green but leave it like that til i want to.

Hey do you have any idea where I can find a pikachu in fire red?
Tue 05/10/04 at 21:36
Regular
How I miss Pokemon, I got sapphire way too late in the day.
Tue 05/10/04 at 21:33
Regular
In Fire Red/Leaf Green you are able to breed the 3 starters with another Pokemon in it's category to get a baby Bulbasaur/Squirtle/Charmander right?

So if my mate starts with Squitle, I start with a Bulbasaur and trade it to him, then restart with a Charmander, we will be able to breed more so we can both have one of each yeah?
Tue 05/10/04 at 21:16
"The Will of D."
Well what I would do is either train in the cave and everytime you really need to heal come out, so like stay at the entrance area. Then when you're strong or fast enough to run away from all the other wild pokemon (maybe not the damn Golbats) but that way you don't have to waste any resources on them that you need to fight wally. Also use fly to go get more resources with all the money gained even after the loss from the fighters you had to beat on the way to him. if you haven't fought all the fighters then surely that is something you can do to train as well?
Tue 05/10/04 at 18:52
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Oh and is it worth getting Fire Red/Leaf Green if you already have Sapphire?

BTW, tphi, I also have Sapphire and dont midn helping you out if you tell me more about where your stuck.

I've just got to Victory Road, it took me AAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS to get through the cave only to find that that Damn Wally dude is waiting for me. He kicked my ass, badly. So now I have to go through the cave AGAIN.

Wally is supposed t be sooooo weak as well, some advice : Make sure you hea your Pokemon before going into the cave.
Tue 05/10/04 at 18:50
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Two Questions :

1) When is Pokemon Emarald coming out? Is it going to have new pokemon or will it be like what Crystal was to Silver and Gold?

2) What is the difference between Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.