GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fire Red/Leaf Green"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pokemon Leaf Green/ Fire Red'.
Sat 02/10/04 at 12:22
Regular
I'm in two minds to get this.

Having collected all 150 Pokemon (I never did get Mew *sobs*) I feel little point in spending about 30 quid just to play it again in colour.

But, the new features, like the mystery islands could be quite fun.

What should I do?

Maybe if a win GAD (fat chance) I'll claim it as my prize. After Burnout 3, which I still haven't bought (I am quite stupid).

Anyone got it? Is there any point in getting it if you had the original games?

Cheers.
Sat 02/10/04 at 22:05
"The Will of D."
I bought this just yesterday, i never actually played R/B but I did play Yellow, which is exactly the same except for the pikachu starter which was a bit tough to get past Brock, but with some overly excessive training (like in the cartoon, remember?) I trained it up to level 20 and made it learn slam whcih eventually got me the win.
This time however I got me a Charmander which is a fre pokemon, my fav. But like alst time i had a bit of trouble with brock until I got me a Butterfry after training my metapod (which had no moves execpt harden as I didn't get it as a caterpie) and beat the tough guy at last. Oh how nostalgic. I just got past the 3rd gym and I've already got one pokemon that's stronger than my fire starter :). That's coz i've been fighting a lot of water and rock types that he can't handle, so my other types have been handling them for him, even though he has one move tat can do some pretty good damage to them, but not all out damage damn it.
Sat 02/10/04 at 19:48
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> Is it possible to get all three starter Pokemon eventually or do you
> still have to trade for them?

You still have to trade.

On the GBA:
Fire Red/Leaf Green you have a choice of one of Charmander (the best), Bulbasaur or Squirtle.
Ruby/Sapphire you can choose one of one of the three Hoenn starters.
Emerald you can choose one of the three Hoenn starters and when you complete your Dex you can choose one of the Johto starters.
Sat 02/10/04 at 18:03
Regular
I got an official Mew back in the day. He really sucked.
Sat 02/10/04 at 17:55
Regular
Is it possible to get all three starter Pokemon eventually or do you still have to trade for them?
Sat 02/10/04 at 15:23
Regular
"0228"
Actually it's not that nice. It's an A5 piece of paper with a picture of Celebi on it. Anyway, I had the same problem of only having a few people to fight and then always winning. Pokemon Stadium was more challenging.
Sat 02/10/04 at 15:19
Regular
How very nice.

Personally I didn't give a damn about having the rare Pokemon. My team kicked anus as it was and the only person I ever fought was my mate, who I thrashed numerous times.
Sat 02/10/04 at 15:15
Regular
"0228"
I went to get Celebi for Pokemon Silver aswell. That was a more popular event and you got a certificate of authenticity with it!
Sat 02/10/04 at 15:12
Regular
JFH wrote:
> I wouldn't want to buy Fire Red or Leaf Green. I went through Pokemon
> blue twice and probably spent around 150 hours in total, crazy I
> know. I also got Mew but I got it the "official" way by
> going to one of those download events. There were only about two
> other people there and I'd got myself ready for a 10 mile line
> aswell.

Lol. Most people probably couldn't be bothered.

Anyway, I was thinking the same as you. What's the point if you've played, no completed it before.

But I will force myself to win it via GAD :)
Sat 02/10/04 at 13:57
Regular
"0228"
I wouldn't want to buy Fire Red or Leaf Green. I went through Pokemon blue twice and probably spent around 150 hours in total, crazy I know. I also got Mew but I got it the "official" way by going to one of those download events. There were only about two other people there and I'd got myself ready for a 10 mile line aswell.
Sat 02/10/04 at 12:46
Regular
Lol.

My GBC has collected dust for the last 2 years, after I bought a GBA SP.

God I had some crap games for my GBC which I thoruoughly enjoyed (Robot Wars, Mario and Yoshi)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.