GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBOX GAME CRASHED DURING E3 PRESENTATION!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/06/01 at 22:08
Regular
After the crash, the screen showed a familiar PC boot screen and a Microsoft representative explained that the memory configuration on the floor models was different than that of the final version. This shows XBox is just a disguised PC! Typical eh!
Wed 10/10/01 at 21:51
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
Can I just say how utterly misinformed you must've been to believe the GC crashed more than the X-Box?

X-Box has released some footage of Malice. What a load of old tosh! The graphics are incredibly 'drab' and poor, it portrays no outstanding graphics the X-Box is said to have and it was, seriously, jolting about every few minutes!

Metroid - NOT SMOOTH? Fool. Like Kingklik said, it was in FMV form, and couldn't possibly slow-down.

Not to mention the X-Box possibly has the worst game line-up in history! I can't say that there is ONE original/new game there that has even CAPTURED my attention.

GameCube has many. X-box look so big because it's got a bloody hardrive in it. And do you know why it has got a Hardrive in it? Because they wanted to release it with one and so cut production costs - lazy, cheap gits. If Microsoft have so much money, then why don't they design an ATTRACTIVE console, eh?

Blimey! Have I even mentioned how they LIED about the X-Boxs' specs? Crikey, they said it has 700-odd Mhz, when actually, with the game running at full speed, it has 300-odd Mhz - less than a GC. It is said to have the ability to produce 120-something million polygons per second - ha, what a laugh. This figure DRAMATICALLY drops to around 15 million. This may be slightly more than a GC's though, but that's not the point. Microsoft were advertising false figures, figure that were only true WITHOUT essential graphic effects like lighting, shadows, texture, shading, etc...

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if the X-Box was a complete and utter flop. It SHOULD be a disaster, but that's unfortunately not going to happen because they have a certain greedy Bill Gates on their side. He has the money to attract foolish, gullable gamers into his trap. He hands out some false, not accurate figures, in hope that they will grab peoples' attention.

I don't think he has any intention to supply us gamers with new, enjoyable games, his only true, secret intentio is to make more money and promote the Microsoft name to being known even more around the world.

The X-Box's only hope now is for dedicated games' developers; developers that will actually take their time to produce a decent game for it. Mayeb I'm pushing the arguement to the limit here when I say that there are developers hinting that it is tough to develop for the X-Box, and that games will take a long time to complete. EA, I'm sure of this, have yet to plan a game for X-Box - is this right?

This is my opinion. I am totally against X-box and am a dedicated PS2 and GameCube supporter. Everyone's view, and I'm merely stating what I think is the obvious.

Shocky.
Fri 26/10/01 at 15:13
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
I just have to laugh at Microsoft and their skank-me-do console the X-Box!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Stick to making cra**y operating systems, and leave the console market to the people who know how to make quality consoles!

*** NINTENDO ***

:)
Fri 26/10/01 at 20:40
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
Cooky wrote:
> I just have to laugh at Microsoft and their skank-me-do console the X-Box!

HA
> HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Stick to making cra**y operating systems, and leave the
> console market to the people who know how to make quality consoles!

> NINTENDO ***

:)

I agree, Cooky. Microsoft should stick to what they do best. You could say: "Stick to ya day job!", they will fail, at least, I hope they do.

Nintendo have been in the business for over 100 years - now, you can't really compare the two when it comes down to reliability in console manufacturing, can you?

SHOCKY
Sat 27/10/01 at 18:09
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
I refer you to my previous posts on this topic under the names of NiGHTS and SonicRav...

fact is that the Xbox crashed once, at one presentation. The PS2 crashed dozens of times at Sony's big launch event... indeed, many of the main screen demos were cancelled all together! On top of that, holes had to be drilled in all the console pods so that the reset button could be pressed when the consoles crashed... Sony even employed people to press the reset buttons.

OH! But Sony are good, and Microsoft are bad, so we must forget Sony's HUGE mistakes, and draw upon Microsoft's one minor mistake.

I suggest you read my revious posts before you reply.

Sonic
Sat 27/10/01 at 18:14
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
That especially went out to Shocky, who drew much on what Kingklic wrote... I think you'll find that he later appologised for what he describes as a "pathetic" post (in his own words!).

If only people were less biased like Kingklik.

SonicRav wrote:
> I refer you to my previous posts on this topic under the names of NiGHTS and
> SonicRav...

fact is that the Xbox crashed once, at one presentation. The PS2
> crashed dozens of times at Sony's big launch event... indeed, many of the main
> screen demos were cancelled all together! On top of that, holes had to be
> drilled in all the console pods so that the reset button could be pressed when
> the consoles crashed... Sony even employed people to press the reset
> buttons.

OH! But Sony are good, and Microsoft are bad, so we must forget
> Sony's HUGE mistakes, and draw upon Microsoft's one minor mistake.

I suggest
> you read my revious posts before you reply.

Sonic
Fri 23/11/01 at 01:37
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
i heard about this it looked just like a pc error
Sun 25/11/01 at 11:07
It crashed during E3? Bill must have been imbarrassed Get your self a PS2 less trouble and its out now
Mon 03/12/01 at 20:03
LOL I KNEW PS2 WILL NOT FAIL ON ME:)
Tue 04/12/01 at 13:33
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Uuh excuse me, did either of you read SonicRav's post?
Tue 04/12/01 at 22:02
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
Bleeders wrote:
> Uuh excuse me, did either of you read SonicRav's post?

WOO HOO! Someone who actually reads posts rather than randomly posts rubbish!

If the other posters scroll down, you will find a HUGE post by me showing that the Xbox has a far BETTER record when in comes to lack of crashes than either the GC or PS2...

The only reason you have ONLY heard about that ONE Xbox crash is that the biased media hates Microsoft... they did whole pages dedicated to one crash that took place right at the end of waht was otherwise a highly successful demo by MS...

Read my post and you'll see that PS2 and GC have had FAR, FAR, FAR worse crashes!

Sonic

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.