GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"XBOX GAME CRASHED DURING E3 PRESENTATION!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/06/01 at 22:08
Regular
After the crash, the screen showed a familiar PC boot screen and a Microsoft representative explained that the memory configuration on the floor models was different than that of the final version. This shows XBox is just a disguised PC! Typical eh!
Sun 22/07/01 at 09:18
Turbo nutter you ever made a game before?
Tue 24/07/01 at 10:11
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
The fact that the last person to post in this topic was yonks ago but it still remains at the top must mean that no-one is interested in the X-Box! That's the spirit! All you sad-acts still left in here should make your way over to the Nintendo forum. I'll be expecting you...
Thu 02/08/01 at 21:33
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
kingklik... you are cleary completely biased an do no reading up on things outside poorly based magazines like NOM. And don't say you do, because if you did you will know what I am about to copy from a post on the FOG chat (This won GAD, and there have been loads of replies... if you want to argue about it then post it there!):

XBOX IS NOT A PC IN A BOX
-why people think this is stupid! It is EXACTLY LIKE AN UPGRADED DREAMCAST! the DC used Win CE for some games- the Xbox used Direct X. The DC used adapted PC dev kits. The Xbox does too.

So what. It makes the architectire easy to program for. The console is not a PC though. It will not "crash" or whatnot.

as for the XBOX CRASH at E3. 2 months before the PS2 release in japan, there was a games show just for it. Almost every demo pod crashed repeatidly. They even drilled holes in the capsule covers so u could hit reset, and had people specially employed to do this!

The main stage demos alomst all crashed at the PS2 show. Many were never shown again. Yet no one knows about this? There are 2 reasons:

1) Biased mags only want to know how great PS2 is and how bad Xbox is. Hence mags said the PS2 disaster wqas "wonderful" and that the Xbox was terrible because of one crash!

2) gamers like you are biased an no nothing about the Xbnox and its huge array of exclusive games... as well as many PS2 games like MGS and Resident evil which are going to Xbox too.

At E3 this year, ninty had a poor show. No mario. No Zelda. Many graphic glitches in metroid.

And the Xbox crashed once, and people are talking about it? Selective memory?

NiGHTS!

here is a more coherent post which says many of the same things, with some additions:

So what is the big thing about the xbox? Or do you all forget that almost every release game for the PS2 crashed at a show a couple of weeks before the console's release. Why do people forget this: becuase the gaming press almost ignored it. When the Xbox crashes ONCE (ulike the many times the PS2 did), then people make a huige thing of it. In all likelyhood, every console has crashed or shown glitches during games shows- here are the ones I remember:

PS2: Almoist every release game and almsot every mainscreen demo crashed. So much so that the mainscreen demos were abandonned and the console capsules had holes drilled in them to allow the reset button to be pressed.

Gamecube: Metroid and many others had jerky, unsmooth graphics at E3. One game crashed on its debue too.

Xbox: ONE mainscreen demo, which was came 30mins into a presentation, crashed... once. It was fine after that. The rest of the show was excellent, but those Sony biased fans ignore all of that.

DC: Oddly enough, the Windows powered box never crashed to my knowledge- although some game pod demos probably might have had some glitches due to people playing them for hours on end.

PSX: this had several crashes, but people were so wowed by Tekken that they ignored these.

So you see, the Xbox comes out almost on top when it comes to reliability.

Another extract from my tpoic in chat (which you really shoudl read:

NiGHTS! said: "And the DC used Windows CE for some games. Did anyone notice? Its no like it has a windows loading screen. If anything, the PS2 is more like a PC: It has a number of peripheral addons such as HDD and modem, the OS takes time to load etc.

Anyway, let's say the Xbox is PC beause it used PC architecure. So what? The DC uses PC architecture. It has GREAT games, NO crashes, and despite that it uses windows for some games... the Xbox does not use windows... it uses Direct X... which means that the games directly control the hardware without the need for an OS- which is an ingeneous system that will allow some aesome games.

So what is the big thing about the xbox? Or do you all forget that almost every release game for the PS2 crashed at a show a couple of weeks before the console's release. Why do people forget this: becuase the gaming press almost ignored it."

Hopefully that should give you an idea about how well MS is actually doing with the Xbox. Ironic how my 2 of my 5 (or is that 4???) GAD wins have been about hoe people should not dis the Xbox, or any other console, because they are misinformed

NiGHTS!

NiGHTS!
Thu 02/08/01 at 21:34
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
sorry about double posting!

NiGHTS!
Tue 07/08/01 at 18:36
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Nights, I haven't written in this forum for ages and I've just come back to have a quick peek. I just read my post in this topic and it looks absolutely pathetic, unless it was a joke. Whateverr the case, please forget it because I don't mean it.
Fri 17/08/01 at 23:21
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
kingklik wrote:
> Nights, I haven't written in this forum for ages and I've just come
> back to have a quick peek. I just read my post in this topic and it
> looks absolutely pathetic, unless it was a joke. Whateverr the case,
> please forget it because I don't mean it.

you are forgiven

NiGHTS! reaches for his gun
Tue 02/10/01 at 13:08
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
XBOX SUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wed 03/10/01 at 16:16
Alexrose1uk wrote:
> XBOX SUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

suffice it to say you won't get much respect in the forums (or any Game a day wins) with that kind of pathetic bias!

I think anyonme who knows anything more than G. W.Bush will realise that the DC, PS2, GC AND Xbox are all fantastic console, all with some great games.
Tue 09/10/01 at 11:24
They all have equal potential, but the XBox is just a PC designed for gaming. What will make a machine wanted will be the number of people buying it. Because the XBox is a PC it has more power than most, but some people may prefer Mario or Sonys unique games. There is no true desicion on the matter.
Tue 09/10/01 at 11:26
The XBox has more power due to the design and PC components but it isn't actually a PC. Confusing.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.