GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So there I am, sat on the toilet..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 13/10/05 at 10:44
"High polygon count"
With a quite badly upset stomach, wearing nothing but my boxers, and they're round my ankles.

When all of a sudden, a large wolf spider (about 2 inches in diameter)comes marching out from between the bath and cabinet, straight towards me across the floor.

I swear, if I hadn't already done so, I'd have shat myself.

What to do? I dare not stand up, I've nothing to squish it with, and there's no point screaming like a girl because there's no-one around to hear it. And besides, the door's locked.

Employing my strictly limited contortionist skills to keep my butt firmly on the loo, I stretch... stretch... stretch... across the bathroom sink and manage to grab a can of deodourant and pop the lid off.

It's a life or death struggle as the thing edges ever closer. Suddenly I see my opportunity, and... BAM! I slam the lid down sharply.

When the dust settles, I see that - thanks to my years of hand-eye coordination training on videogames - my aim was true, and the beast is caged. I'm safe at last.

At least until I go back to dispose of the monster. I swear I can hear it snarling.
Mon 17/10/05 at 18:36
Regular
"Catch it!"
I had one in my house which was very big.
Mon 17/10/05 at 18:29
Regular
"The definitive tag"
It is possible to have some seriously big spiders in the UK. I've come across some giants in my house on a few occasions.

The one that really astonished me was one of those ones that have long thin legs and comparatively small bodies, might be called a Harvestman.

*shrugs*

Anyway, this one was immense. Each leg was a good four inches in length (yes, four inches), but only about the width of a couple of human hairs. The body was only about the size of a pea as well. Strange looking thing it was, didn't look like it could even support it's own weight.
Mon 17/10/05 at 18:28
Regular
"Catch it!"
Yes moth's are very annoying you throw them out the window they fly back in. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Mon 17/10/05 at 18:18
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Moths are annoying, if not as bad as wasps.

I now refuse to go to the loo unless the window is shut.
Mon 17/10/05 at 13:48
"High polygon count"
I once knew a bloke who had a wasp in his can of Fanta Orange, but didn't know it until he took a drink.

It stung him inside the top lip when he went to drink, and he went round for a week looking like he'd been smacked by Tyson.
Mon 17/10/05 at 13:39
Regular
"Excommunicated"
A wasp landed on my coke can yesterday. I went to take a sip and I saw it, I threw the basstard thing accross the room and hid in my toilet.
Mon 17/10/05 at 13:13
"possibly impossible"
Should have framed it.

Could have been worse...you could have trashed the toilet trying to fight it...
Mon 17/10/05 at 12:45
"High polygon count"
I think it means just the body. The one that surprised me on the crapper was at least 4.5cm in length when you included the legs. The deodourant cap has a diameter of 5cm and it only just covered the spider.
Mon 17/10/05 at 11:47
Regular
Bonus wrote:
> I'd safely say it was bigger than the 18mm the website Wookie
> pointed at says is the maximum size.

My guess would be that it means body size on the website. Including the length of the legs, it could easily be the 4cm you described, or even larger!
Thu 13/10/05 at 23:48
Regular
"Gamertag = Chavex"
I was stung by a massive bumble bee when I was little, so I always fear those type of insects more.... I had two options, run out with a bare bum,and that might end up being seen by somone...or be brave and cower in the corner and try to chivvy it out! I chose the latter!!
I hate it when you've got the window shut but you can hear them trying to get in!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.