GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pet Peeves"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 30/09/05 at 13:19
"High polygon count"
We've all got them.

The things which are, in the grand scheme of things, totally irrelevant, inconsequential and otherwise totally unimportant... but still manage to p!ss us off royally all the same.

Some of mine are...

* The way some Irish people say "filum" instead of "film".

* The (seemingly deliberate) mis-pronunciation of footballer's names by some commentators (e.g. David Pleat's "Rays" instead of "Reyes").

* Women who stand blocking narrow shop aisles with double buggies.

* OAPs who wait until they're on the bus before counting out their fare exactly, in 1p, 2p and 5p coins. And never seem to know the fare, despite making the same journey to bingo every day for the last 10 years.

Add your own!
Fri 30/09/05 at 18:47
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Added to my list;

- People who say things I don't agree with, natch
- MPVs/People Carriers/US style trucks. You're not clever. In fact, you're stupid. There isn't enough ROOM in 99% of this country to use one of those things.
- The fact that people look at you (as a 19yr old male) as if you're about to mug them.
- People who don't smile back (I'm not a psycho, honest)
- 98% of the people I see when I'm out. Especially fat girls who wear the same clothes as thin girls.
Fri 30/09/05 at 17:22
Regular
"...y'crazy fool!"
If it's quiet on the roads and that happens... look behind you, if there's no cars just run the light - I've done it a few times.
Fri 30/09/05 at 17:21
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
øne-eye wrote:
> Oh and a weird one...
>
> - People who won't buy a french stick that's been broken in half.
>
> "Oh noes I can't touch that, I want a proper one". Bread is
> bread.

I get a similar annoying experience when working in my da'ds shop on a Saturday.

Customer: Can I have 3lb of potatoes please?
Me: Sure thing. These one's okay?
Customer: Oh no. They're far too big. Got any smaller ones?
Me: No, sorry, just these ones.
Customer: Can you find me some smaller ones in that sack. Surely there are smaller ones under the bigger ones?
Me: *digs lower* They're pretty much the same size.
Customer: Well I can't have those big ones.
Me: Can't you just cut it when you get home?
Customer: I don't like to do that. It's time-consuming.
Me: Oh, well then if you want potatoes that don't take as long, how about these ones which don't need cleaning and won't get my hands dirty digging them out of the sack?
Customer: No thank you. I like those ones. They're just a bit big.
Me: So you want those ones then?
Customer: No, I think I'll skip it. Thanks, bye.

RAAAR! "It's time-consuming." Well, buying large potatoes and cutting them may be time consuming, but it's less of a waste of time than walking all this way from the other side of the village, spending ages complaining about potatoes, then walking all the way back home with nothing!
Fri 30/09/05 at 17:18
Regular
"The definitive tag"
gamesfreak wrote:
> If the person crossing just walked across the road without pressing
> the button, I really couldn't care less, it's when they do
> press it and walk off, forcing the driver to stop for no real reason.

Obviously you get the jerks who do that on purpose, but it can be done accidentally as well.

If a person walks up to a crossing when there are cars coming then they press the button, then the stream of traffic stops before the green man flashes so the person walks anyway.

It happens to me all the time, but I'm not going to wait an extra ten or so seconds for someone I don't know.

The real offenders are the nobtards that walk past the crossing pressing the button when they don't have any intention of crossing.
Fri 30/09/05 at 17:14
Regular
"The definitive tag"
- Those fecking old people who think they should have preference on everything because they've been around for hundreds of years.

- Idiotic parents that bring their stupid little children to places like the cinema, knowing full well that all the kid is going to do is cry and winge and spoil the film for everyone else.

- Girls who sit there and happily wolf down a burger and fries every day and then winge when they get a bit podgy.

- Stupid rules that aren't allowed to be bent. For example, I now have to go into college next Friday morning for my tutorial, even though it won't be taking place. Legally, I still have to be on the site because I have my tutorial at that time. This means I miss out on a lie-in and I will have to once again endure the big ass, lonely three hour break until I have to go to a lecture.
Fri 30/09/05 at 17:12
Regular
"...y'crazy fool!"
Oh and a weird one...

- People who won't buy a french stick that's been broken in half.

"Oh noes I can't touch that, I want a proper one". Bread is bread.
Fri 30/09/05 at 17:09
Regular
"...y'crazy fool!"
- Endless DROVES of people who flock to the train station from 5pm to 8pm (Chelmsford notably) to pick up their partners/sons/daughters etc because they're too lazy to walk/cycle/bus/taxi the 1 mile it takes to get home. The result is queues all the way up Victoria Road, Victoria Rd South and Springfield Rd.

I bet the same people sit there and go "This traffic is unbelievable".

- Commuter "I'm more important than everyone on this train" scum.

- MPV's in all shapes and sizes. WHY is there only 1 person in it every single time? The drivers can't drive them properly and don't care what's going on around them.
Fri 30/09/05 at 17:05
Regular
Azul luvs u wrote:
> Nice bit of logic there.

OK, OK, poor explanation I know.

The pedestrian who can't be bothered to wait for permission to cross (i.e. the 'green' man) is who gets on my teets all the time.

If the person crossing just walked across the road without pressing the button, I really couldn't care less, it's when they do press it and walk off, forcing the driver to stop for no real reason.
Fri 30/09/05 at 17:01
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
- Busted
- McFly
- A BSOD
- People who disagree that I'm right!
- Old, slow people walking in front
- Old people who insist on getting on the bus first
- Old people who complain that we watch too much telly, but the reason they think that is through what they see on telly
- Statistics about being overweight
- Loan or insurance adverts
- Old people who will happily complain about playing little games in the street, despite the fact that they didn't have computers or TV in their day, so had nothing better to do but the same thing.
- Old people who think they had it worse "back in the day" because, apart from the war (and we are currently at war, right?) it is a harder life nowadays
- Old people who complain about the fact that "this never happened in my day". Well - it's not the 1930's anymore!
- Old people who think the older you are, the wiser you are, and are afraid to use a computer or mobile phone, or Sky Digibox
- Late buses
- Extreme pesimists (aka defeatists). One of my mates is one, and I can usually put up with him until he gets into that mood, which is very often.
- High prices
- Small change

I don't think that's everything, but it's all I can think of at the minute.
Fri 30/09/05 at 16:58
"LOLLERSKATES!"
People with big heads who sit in front of you at the cinema.
And wen little kids go up to the counter 2 buy a pic n mix and have a fiver nd go "erm, could i have two of them, and er, 3 of them"

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.