GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pet Peeves"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 30/09/05 at 13:19
"High polygon count"
We've all got them.

The things which are, in the grand scheme of things, totally irrelevant, inconsequential and otherwise totally unimportant... but still manage to p!ss us off royally all the same.

Some of mine are...

* The way some Irish people say "filum" instead of "film".

* The (seemingly deliberate) mis-pronunciation of footballer's names by some commentators (e.g. David Pleat's "Rays" instead of "Reyes").

* Women who stand blocking narrow shop aisles with double buggies.

* OAPs who wait until they're on the bus before counting out their fare exactly, in 1p, 2p and 5p coins. And never seem to know the fare, despite making the same journey to bingo every day for the last 10 years.

Add your own!
Sat 01/10/05 at 02:25
Regular
"Green & White Army"
- When I am watching something funny on the tele and my older brother is in the room with me and there is an amusing scene my brother will laugh and then stare at me waiting to see my reaction. I just don't look back. Really annoys me.

- When someone is reading the newspaper or a magazine over my shoulder.

- Wee kids who stare at ya when you are eating in a restaurant (it almost causes me to react like Jim Carrey does in Me, myself and Irene!)

- People trying to talk to me about football and they clearly know little or nothing about the damn sport. A few of my mates fall into this catergory. Also my older brother who I mentioned in an earlier point asked me who Internazionale were when it brought up their full name on a champions league game, he didn't know it was Inter. He says he's a Liverpool fan and when we were at the game the other week at Anfield he asked me "Which stand is the Kop?" Duh!

-Doing speeches or presentations infront of a class or group of people. I shake like a leaf and have no self control when I do it.

- 13 year olds who think they are hard and could take you on despite being about 4 foot shorter than you.

-The accent of the Republic of Ireland citizens.

-Cocky Americans who think they are superior to everyone else in everyway and who think the world owes them something.

- Christians who try to convert you. I wish they'd get it through their thick skulls I don't believe.

-Hangovers

Thats all for now. Im sure I will come up with a ton more.
Sat 01/10/05 at 00:41
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Your Dad knows best.
Fri 30/09/05 at 23:45
Regular
My dad always flicks through the channels on an advert break, watching a maximum of 2 seconds of the shows on each channel before returning to the show we're watching just after the programme starts. This irritates me immensely.

Just watch the adverts. You're not getting anything from the others.
Fri 30/09/05 at 23:43
Regular
- The smell of gum on someone else's breath
- Google adding 'UK' even after you've specifically typed '.com'
Fri 30/09/05 at 23:39
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
- Fake laughter on any show, but mainly shows like You've Been Framed.
Fri 30/09/05 at 23:31
Regular
"gsybe you!"
The Hibernator wrote:

>
> - Girls who know they're the sexiest thing going... Yeah, I'm happy
> for you, but don't start outrageously flirting with me whilst knowing
> it all the while that it means feck all. No, actually, go on,
> continue; though I'll end up having to shoot a load when I get home.

Ahahaha - get a girlfriend ^^
Fri 30/09/05 at 23:29
"High polygon count"
Niddle wrote:
> People who can't eat/chew gum properly. - i.e. chew with their mouth
> SHUT.

Yup, that's another one of mine, too. Get one of them sat behind you on a long bus/coach/train journey and you want to ram the pack so far down their throat they'll be blowing bubbles every time they fart.
Fri 30/09/05 at 19:20
Regular
"For One Night Only"
- Girls with great figures and know it, but complain that they feel fat - and worse, do it infront of fatter girls!

- Girls who know they're the sexiest thing going... Yeah, I'm happy for you, but don't start outrageously flirting with me whilst knowing it all the while that it means feck all. No, actually, go on, continue; though I'll end up having to shoot a load when I get home.
Fri 30/09/05 at 19:18
Regular
"Gamertag = Chavex"
therage79 wrote:
> Toffs who ride their horses 2/3 a breadth on country lanes, and then
> sneer at you with their in bred faces when you pass them at any more
> than 5 mph!
>
> "CAN'T SEE ANY ROAD TAX ON YOUR HORSE THERE TARQUIN, GET IT IN A
> FIELD...YOU OWN ENOUGH!"

Your right! I HATE those people, they think they own the place. They come from towns minted and dress up to the eye balls in pomp horse clothes get on their shiny horses and prance down the road, peering down their noses at you or completley ignoring you, or taking up the whole road!

Another thing I get all het about is when your telling somone how to do somthing easily, and they dont take a blind bit of notice of you and spend hours trying to do it!
Fri 30/09/05 at 19:09
"slightlyshortertagl"
People who can't eat/chew gum properly. - i.e. chew with their mouth SHUT.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.