GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pet Peeves"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 30/09/05 at 13:19
"High polygon count"
We've all got them.

The things which are, in the grand scheme of things, totally irrelevant, inconsequential and otherwise totally unimportant... but still manage to p!ss us off royally all the same.

Some of mine are...

* The way some Irish people say "filum" instead of "film".

* The (seemingly deliberate) mis-pronunciation of footballer's names by some commentators (e.g. David Pleat's "Rays" instead of "Reyes").

* Women who stand blocking narrow shop aisles with double buggies.

* OAPs who wait until they're on the bus before counting out their fare exactly, in 1p, 2p and 5p coins. And never seem to know the fare, despite making the same journey to bingo every day for the last 10 years.

Add your own!
Fri 30/09/05 at 16:20
gamesfreak wrote:
> driver comes along...has to wait

> because some idiot couldn't be bothered to wait.

Nice bit of logic there.
Fri 30/09/05 at 16:04
Regular
"Less chat...More ha"
Toffs who ride their horses 2/3 a breadth on country lanes, and then sneer at you with their in bred faces when you pass them at any more than 5 mph!

"CAN'T SEE ANY ROAD TAX ON YOUR HORSE THERE TARQUIN, GET IT IN A FIELD...YOU OWN ENOUGH!"
Fri 30/09/05 at 16:02
Regular
"gsybe you!"
SHEEPY wrote:
> Getting my socks wet.
> People who walk in 3-4s slowly and so you need to bypass them all.
> Also, those who stand in doorways when there is a constant flow going
> past them.
>
> They all came from experiences today

Uni sucks :*(
Fri 30/09/05 at 16:00
Regular
"\\"
When I bike to school, I have to bike across the entrances/exits to the school and some parents decide to use the entrance/exits as a means of dropping off their children and turning round, meaning they get in the way of everyone biking, including me.

Yeah. Really pishes me off.
Fri 30/09/05 at 15:07
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Getting my socks wet.
People who walk in 3-4s slowly and so you need to bypass them all. Also, those who stand in doorways when there is a constant flow going past them.

They all came from experiences today
Fri 30/09/05 at 14:48
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Anyone who says anything I don't agree with.

kkthxbi!
Fri 30/09/05 at 14:44
Regular
"Less chat...More ha"
Even before I had read the content of your post I was thinking about David Pleat's consistant mis-pronuciation of nearly every footballing name!

You stole my thunder but Ajax and Cantona are 2 that automatically spring to mind!

Ignoramous!
Fri 30/09/05 at 14:32
Regular
- People who walk up to pedestrian traffic crossings, press the button, then walk across the road because there are no cars coming. When the unsuspecting driver comes along, the lights turn to red and he/she has to wait for no apparent reason because some idiot couldn't be bothered to wait.
Fri 30/09/05 at 14:06
Regular
"..."
- People who douse their whole meal, every meal, in tomato ketchup.

- OAPs who sit on buses and talk VERY LOUDLY about their latest medical condition to their granny mates.
Fri 30/09/05 at 13:19
"High polygon count"
We've all got them.

The things which are, in the grand scheme of things, totally irrelevant, inconsequential and otherwise totally unimportant... but still manage to p!ss us off royally all the same.

Some of mine are...

* The way some Irish people say "filum" instead of "film".

* The (seemingly deliberate) mis-pronunciation of footballer's names by some commentators (e.g. David Pleat's "Rays" instead of "Reyes").

* Women who stand blocking narrow shop aisles with double buggies.

* OAPs who wait until they're on the bus before counting out their fare exactly, in 1p, 2p and 5p coins. And never seem to know the fare, despite making the same journey to bingo every day for the last 10 years.

Add your own!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.