GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pet Peeves"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 30/09/05 at 13:19
"High polygon count"
We've all got them.

The things which are, in the grand scheme of things, totally irrelevant, inconsequential and otherwise totally unimportant... but still manage to p!ss us off royally all the same.

Some of mine are...

* The way some Irish people say "filum" instead of "film".

* The (seemingly deliberate) mis-pronunciation of footballer's names by some commentators (e.g. David Pleat's "Rays" instead of "Reyes").

* Women who stand blocking narrow shop aisles with double buggies.

* OAPs who wait until they're on the bus before counting out their fare exactly, in 1p, 2p and 5p coins. And never seem to know the fare, despite making the same journey to bingo every day for the last 10 years.

Add your own!
Sat 01/10/05 at 19:03
Regular
"the burning sky"
Alfonse wrote:
> ~People who won't let people into 15s even though they are 15.
>
> Me: Ten tickets to Four Brothers Please.
>
> Fool: Your friends aren't fifteen.
>
> Me: So?.

So are they 15 or not? Plus ID isnt hard to come by at that age tbh...
Sat 01/10/05 at 18:51
Regular
~People playing cricket right near you when you are trying to play football.

~People who won't let people into 15s.

Me: Ten tickets to Four Brothers Please.

Fool: Your friends aren't fifteen.

Me: So?.

Fool: I can't allow you all in.

Me: I'll pay you twenty qquid extra to let us in.

Fool: Ok.

Me: HA. I'll tell the manager you were going to accept a bribe.

Fool: Feck off.
Sat 01/10/05 at 18:11
Regular
"the burning sky"
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> ~ Getting my haircut. Just detest it.

I agree with that one.

> ~ English people spelling 'Colour/Offence/Defence/etc' the American
> way.

I write color when I'm being lazy, any work that'll be under scrutiny, it'll be the proper spelling, except webpages...
Sat 01/10/05 at 18:10
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
txt spk. I don't even use it in a text message, let alone on a forum!

I wonder how many people who use sites like ukchatforums.com and type like that, wrote like it in their English GCSEs.
Sat 01/10/05 at 17:30
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Any ring-tone adverts

People who cruise on the motorway in either the middle or fast lane when there's no need. The first lane is for cruising in, the others are for overtaking. THAT'S IT!
Sat 01/10/05 at 12:29
Regular
"You've upset me"
~ People who think they can play the guitar well even though all they can do is play power chords.
Sat 01/10/05 at 12:26
Regular
"The definitive tag"
KopKing wrote:
> - Wee kids who stare at ya when you are eating in a restaurant (it
> almost causes me to react like Jim Carrey does in Me, myself and
> Irene!)

Hehe

"What're you staring at f****r"
Sat 01/10/05 at 12:22
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Cycloon wrote:
> - 98% of the people I see when I'm out. Especially fat girls who wear
> the same clothes as thin girls.

Similar to the above except I tend to like everyone. I'm all for women having confidence in their shape and being comfortable but really.... I don't want to see it all hanging out.

People who drive in the middle lane of the motorway slower than 70 miles per hour and will not move over despite the fact that there is no one on their inside. I'll often move inside and then match them for speed for a while. Possibly a bit dangerous (oops just thought of that) if they are total numpties and try to cut in without seeing you but it amuses me when you see them notice you - they don't half jump. On the same note overtaking them in the fast lane to discover they are not even watching the road 'cos they are busy reading / writing text messages.

People who don't clear their tables in self clean canteens but just expect someone else to do it for them.

VPL

I really cannot think of anything else - not much bothers me enough to get me peevish.
Sat 01/10/05 at 12:21
Regular
"You've upset me"
~ Getting my haircut. Just detest it.

~ Shaving. I really don't enjoy dragging sharp things down my face but if I don't, being 16, I get ridiculously pathetic bumfluff/whispy pubescent 'tasch

~ People who pronounce "Aitch" as "Haytch"

~ People who spell 'weird' as 'wierd'.

~ People who say 'them' instead of 'those/that/whatever' and 'is' instead of 'are', as in "Hey, look at them people playing footy, they is well crap".

~ People who say/write "would of" instead of "would have". Saying "would've" is fine, as long as you know what it ACTUALLY MEANS.

~ People who spell 'lose/losing' as 'loose/loosing'. Fecking eejits.

~ English people spelling 'Colour/Offence/Defence/etc' the American way.

~ People wearing a baseball cap UNDER a hood. Just ridiculous.

~ People in restaurants etc saying "I'll have.../I'll get..." instead of "Could I have... PLEASE". Mostly Americans that one but I've noticed a lot of other people starting to do it too.

~ Men who wear pink. "Oo, whatever I'm just comfortable with my sexuality". No, you're a bummer.

Hmm... most of those appear to be language based.
There are more, I'll think of them later. The last ones more just a hatred of "metrosexuals" (I hate that term aswell) so isn't really a pet peeve.
Sat 01/10/05 at 09:47
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
English_Bloke wrote:
> - Fake laughter on any show, but mainly shows like You've Been Framed.

Ditto. It makes it almost impossible to hear what is actually going on and what these sounds are laughing at...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.