GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pet Peeves"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 30/09/05 at 13:19
"High polygon count"
We've all got them.

The things which are, in the grand scheme of things, totally irrelevant, inconsequential and otherwise totally unimportant... but still manage to p!ss us off royally all the same.

Some of mine are...

* The way some Irish people say "filum" instead of "film".

* The (seemingly deliberate) mis-pronunciation of footballer's names by some commentators (e.g. David Pleat's "Rays" instead of "Reyes").

* Women who stand blocking narrow shop aisles with double buggies.

* OAPs who wait until they're on the bus before counting out their fare exactly, in 1p, 2p and 5p coins. And never seem to know the fare, despite making the same journey to bingo every day for the last 10 years.

Add your own!
Wed 12/10/05 at 15:36
Regular
"You've upset me"
Kawada wrote:
> - People sitting next to me on the bus when there are still seats
> without anyone on.

Bingo.

> - Public transport and how no one seems to have considered that there
> are people above 5'10 and who have long legs.

I'm 5ft 9" and it's still hell on my journey to and from college. An hour and a quarter each way. Grrrrr. Eased only the last 15 minutes on the way home when the bus is emptying and I get two seats to myself.
Wed 12/10/05 at 14:20
Regular
"..."
Nah, I refuse to listen to footabll phone ins. Like football chat forums, all that seems to happen is the fans of the losing team phone in/post to moan at the ref/fans of the winning team phone/post to crow about how great they are.
Fans of Teas who are doing well phone in/post to gloat and bait fnas of all the teams below them and fans of teams who are having a bad run blame everything on one player who is in the team but shouldn't be or a player who has been left out and is the anser to all their problems...

Too predictable...
Wed 12/10/05 at 14:17
"High polygon count"
Half-empty crisp packets are another. You know, you open a fresh bag and you'd swear some git has already eaten half... the rest is air.

Discos are one of the very worst for this. If only they weren't so damn tasty.
Wed 12/10/05 at 14:17
Regular
"...y'crazy fool!"
Anyone like football? Anyone listen to Five Live on a Saturday lunchtime/afternoon? I only do because I'm at work, but they have phone-ins and people phone up to complain about the stupidest petty things that happened that day.

Fair enough, that might not have been a booking, that led to a freekick, that led to a goal, that led to your team losing... but put in a "video referee" and you'll have all the same people phoning up saying that this reliance on technology is destroying the game - kindly phone up and say something constructive next time... thank you! :)
Wed 12/10/05 at 14:14
Regular
"...y'crazy fool!"
So you go into Tesco and you buy a 6 pack of Walker's crisps (as you do...).

You open the big bag and there's 6 bags of what I'd only term as "bitesize" crisps. If you sell standard sized packs in singles why can't you put standard sized packs in multipacks? EH???!!
Wed 12/10/05 at 14:10
Regular
"..."
Most of you will appreciate this if you ever get to work in an office job.

People (usually women, I'm not being harsh here, just from my experience, it usually IS women) who when the person chairing a meeting asks "Any questions?" ask an inane, boring, obvious or pointless question, purely so they are seen to be asking questions. IF YOU DON'T HAVE A GENUINE QUESTION, KEEP YOUR TRAP SHUT. NO ONE IS KEEPING COUNT OF HOW MANY YOU ASK!!!

*Ahem*.
Tue 11/10/05 at 15:17
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
There was an old woman on the bus today with the loudest voice ever. I couldn't wait to get off the bus. Thankfully i got off before her.

If thatwas me, like all old women, she would've complained.
Tue 11/10/05 at 15:10
Regular
"...y'crazy fool!"
- Those new Heinz ketchup squeezable bottles...you progressively squeeze harder hoping for just a small amount and then the bottle explodes and gives you a very very ketchupy lunch!
Tue 11/10/05 at 14:47
Regular
Wookiee, you're lucky if you've only experience that for the first time today!

Mine is people who tell me to calm down. Even if I'm perfectly calm, if someone says that to me it really winds me up.
Tue 11/10/05 at 13:09
"High polygon count"
A new one for me, experienced for the first time today.

Kids who sit on the bus and for some reason find it necessary to keep playing every ringtone on their mobile over and over.

The next one I encounter is going to be farting Crazy Frog for a week.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.