GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pet Peeves"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 30/09/05 at 13:19
"High polygon count"
We've all got them.

The things which are, in the grand scheme of things, totally irrelevant, inconsequential and otherwise totally unimportant... but still manage to p!ss us off royally all the same.

Some of mine are...

* The way some Irish people say "filum" instead of "film".

* The (seemingly deliberate) mis-pronunciation of footballer's names by some commentators (e.g. David Pleat's "Rays" instead of "Reyes").

* Women who stand blocking narrow shop aisles with double buggies.

* OAPs who wait until they're on the bus before counting out their fare exactly, in 1p, 2p and 5p coins. And never seem to know the fare, despite making the same journey to bingo every day for the last 10 years.

Add your own!
Wed 12/10/05 at 21:16
Regular
"kid from uk"
Something else that bugs me sometimes is my brother Kopking
Wed 12/10/05 at 21:11
Regular
"youngest regular"
a new one:
people who post on these forums with links to crap,and never post again.
Wed 12/10/05 at 21:09
Regular
"youngest regular"
uk14kid wrote:
> it also bugs me when people fart in their hand and throw it at you.
i hope that it does'nt bug you because he "threw a fart at you"
the stupidity bugs you,right?
oh yeah,and welcome to the forums,yada yada yada.
Wed 12/10/05 at 21:08
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Fat people
Nagging, by anyone, be they relative or not
People that use large words and think they are supreme because of it
Whaling
Daily Mail
Wed 12/10/05 at 21:06
Regular
"kid from uk"
it really bugs me when people chew with their mouth open and make a noise like a cement mixer.

it also bugs me when people fart in their hand and throw it at you.
Wed 12/10/05 at 17:52
"High polygon count"
Movies on TV split around the news.

Even BBC do it now.
Wed 12/10/05 at 17:40
Twain wrote:
>
>
> - Powercuts which occur when you've just defeated a f-ing hard boss
> in a game like Metroid Prime, you get all the way to the save
> station, and before you can step in it, the power goes off.
>

Har, memories of that a few years back with Goldeneye. It was on 00 diffiulty, train level at the end - where you had to shoot Xenia AND Oumurov (sp) at the same time - after like, 7 tries I did it, but the power went off a few seconds after, when I was lasering the hatch.... ohhh, was well pi ssed then.
Wed 12/10/05 at 17:06
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Another few from me:

- When you need something to be pixel perfect in Word, but can't because it snaps to the grid. And very often it's the wrong grid and you can't get something to "join" with what it's supposed to. Also i hate the drawing canvas. Never ever used it. Utterly pointless

- A particular problem recently which really drove me to insanity today. I guess you will all moan at how crap WindowBlinds and Stardock SkinStudio is if you've used them. I don't think they're all that bad, except in SkinStudio, I'm currently making a skin, and to make certain objects appear in certain states (eg. buttons: normal, pressed, disabled, mouse over, inactive, inactive disabled) is easy. No problem. The problems start when all of a sudden the tree on the left changes order or certain things disappear. Seen that several times. Also, what really pished me off today with it was that in order to do the states thing as I mentioned above, some states you have to tile horizontally whilst others go vertically. I quite simply cannot get some of my elements right because it keeps switching the way it cuts up the image.

- When I load up a printer with several sheets of paper, print a long document, and it'll print one page, then feed through 10 blank pages, print the next page, feed another 10 pages ... etc.

- X-Factor

- I love my lights on my computer, but at night have to turn my PC off so that I can sleep. The lights keep me awake. Normally I expect my PC to just work the way it should, and climb into bed whilst it's shutting down so that by the time I close my eyes, it's automatically gone off. The annoying thing is when explorer crashes halfway through shutdown so I then have to get up again to turn it off.

- Powercuts which are fixed in the middle of the night, causing my printer to come on and make all of it's annoying mechanical noises as it charges the ink.

- Powercuts which occur when you've just defeated a f-ing hard boss in a game like Metroid Prime, you get all the way to the save station, and before you can step in it, the power goes off.

Not that the last two have happened recently. They just came to mind.
Wed 12/10/05 at 16:05
"High polygon count"
sPiKeCaSt wrote:
> That..and whenever I'm sat on my own some old smelly git sits next to
> me when there are 20+ seats free...winds me up!

I try to sit at the back to avoid that.

Anyway, why is it that we're supposed to give up seats near the front for old people? If they can walk 500 yards from their house to the bus stop, I'm sure they can make it to the back of the bus!
Wed 12/10/05 at 15:45
Regular
"Touched!"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> A new one for me, experienced for the first time today.
>
> Kids who sit on the bus and for some reason find it necessary to keep
> playing every ringtone on their mobile over and over.
>
> The next one I encounter is going to be farting Crazy Frog for a
> week.

That..and whenever I'm sat on my own some old smelly git sits next to me when there are 20+ seats free...winds me up!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.