GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"When you die.."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 29/09/05 at 19:59
Regular
"Not a Jew"
what are you going to have done with your body? Buried, cremated or donated to science? I'll probably be buried, cremation doesn't appeal to me nor does having my cadaver used to test rifle velocities with. What about those of you that don't belong to a church or similar? Are there public cemeteries or anything? I actually have no idea.
Thu 29/09/05 at 21:34
Regular
It was pointless just manipulating my words.

I'm just saying you'd have more chance than when you're in an incineration chamber.

Before you think 'w00t', both chances are next to nothing.

Look at the facts; when someone is cremated they play the funeral song very loudly as the person is burned, whilst when you're underground it is nearly silent, so there may be a fractionally higher chance of being heard.
Thu 29/09/05 at 21:31
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Some coffins have inbuilt pagers actually in the unlikely event that you'll be buried alive.
Thu 29/09/05 at 21:30
Regular
"the burning sky"
tnc wrote:
> It's not very likely that the sound of your voice would carry through
> the coffin, past the roaring flames, the funeral music and thick walls
> of the incineration chamber. You'd have no chance of being heard
> underground.
Thu 29/09/05 at 21:29
Regular
Chr1s wrote:

> But it would last ages, which is time to think about what's
> happening.

You're likely to pass out quite quickly and you wouldn't have to endure immense pain

> Also, if you scream and shout a bit before you're going to be
> cremated, you've got a much better chance of being heard than if
> you're six feet under the ground.

It's not very likely that the sound of your voice would carry through the coffin, past the roaring flames, the funeral music and thick walls of the incineration chamber. You'd have more chance of being heard underground.
Thu 29/09/05 at 21:29
Regular
"the burning sky"
tnc wrote:
> It was really just a slight o.t.t condensation of Chr1s' comment
> saying you could last "for the best part of a day"

But there are a few cubic litres of air in a coffin so it's prefectly feasable you could last a fair few hours slowly breathing. Basically this is based on an episode of CSI...
Thu 29/09/05 at 21:28
Regular
It was really just a slight o.t.t condensation of Chr1s' comment saying you could last "for the best part of a day"
Thu 29/09/05 at 21:27
*reference alert*

Just before I die, I shall shed my body and ascend to a higher plane of existence.
Thu 29/09/05 at 21:23
Regular
"the burning sky"
tnc wrote:
> Yes, Chr1s, but going through an incinerator is going to be infinitely
> more painful than being underground for the couple of hours, if that,
> it takes to pass out due to starvation, thirst and lack of oxygen.

3 minutes without air, 3 days without water, 3 weeks without food. Plus you'll just pass out anyway before you suffocate.
Thu 29/09/05 at 21:22
Regular
"The definitive tag"
tnc wrote:
> Yes, Chr1s, but going through an incinerator is going to be infinitely
> more painful than being underground for the couple of hours, if that,
> it takes to pass out due to starvation, thirst and lack of oxygen.

But it would last ages, which is time to think about what's happening.

Also, if you scream and shout a bit before you're going to be cremated, you've got a much better chance of being heard than if you're six feet under the ground.
Thu 29/09/05 at 21:17
Regular
Yes, Chr1s, but going through an incinerator is going to be infinitely more painful than being underground for the couple of hours, if that, it takes to pass out due to starvation, thirst and lack of oxygen.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.