GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Puzzles."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/06/01 at 15:49
Regular
Right, I'm bored. Let's have some brain teasers.

First one (if you'vea heard it, don't givce it away)

A man walks into a bar (as in a drinks establishment), and asks for a glass of water. The bartender points a gun at him. The man thanks the bartender, and leaves.

Explain why.
Thu 07/06/01 at 17:00
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Ant, the young peasant, honourably decided to let the king pick. If the king chose 'sod off', they were to get married, otherwise, they weren't.
Thu 07/06/01 at 16:54
Regular
"smile, it's free"
There is an answer that will work. Check your super mario adventure books, Grix. 'Doors to Doom' I think has this puzzle in.
Thu 07/06/01 at 16:53
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Okay, okay. how about 'certain embarassing genital problem' then?
Thu 07/06/01 at 16:52
Regular
"Will the other statue tell me the truth?"

Wouldn't both say no?
Thu 07/06/01 at 16:51
Regular
Can I ask... why is it ALWAYS certain death? Can't it be "possible death", or "certain injury"...?
Thu 07/06/01 at 16:50
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
VenomByte wrote:
> There's no pleasing some people.....

Right then, here another
> one. Quite common, but not many people know the answer.

Grix the
> adventurer was exploring some ancient ruins, looking for a legendry
> emerald. He came upon two talking statues, each in front of a door.
> One of them always tells the truth, the other always lies. He can
> ask them each the same yes/no question. One door lead to certain
> death, the other to the emerald.

What does he have to ask them to
> be sure he will choose the correct door?

Will the other statue tell me the truth?
Thu 07/06/01 at 16:49
Regular
Ant, the young peasant, wanted to marry the daughter of the King, Grix. No, Grix wasn't the daughter. Grix is the King. But he's an evil King, so I expect people won't mind.

Anyway, me being me, I didn't want Ant to marry my daughter, because that would mean that he would be in my family.

But since I wanted people to think it would be a fair judgement, I would let Ant pick a answer from a hat. Two pieces of paper, one saying "Marriage" on it, the other saying "Sod off".

When I was talking to my guards about what we could do about it, unfortunatly, Ant overheard me. I said that we are going to only put two "Sod off"s in the hat... when the "Sod off" was withdrawn, then nobody would know what the second one would be.

Ant, however, came up with a cunning plan... and when it came to pick the pieces of paper, he did something, that assured that he would marry my daughter.

What did he do? And no, it wasn't "kill me."
Thu 07/06/01 at 16:48
Regular
"smile, it's free"
There's no pleasing some people.....

Right then, here another one. Quite common, but not many people know the answer.

Grix the adventurer was exploring some ancient ruins, looking for a legendry emerald. He came upon two talking statues, each in front of a door. One of them always tells the truth, the other always lies. He can ask them each the same yes/no question. One door lead to certain death, the other to the emerald.

What does he have to ask them to be sure he will choose the correct door?
Thu 07/06/01 at 16:44
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
VenomByte wrote:
> Right, I'm bored. Let's have some brain teasers.

First one (if
> you'vea heard it, don't givce it away)

A man walks into a bar (as
> in a drinks establishment), and asks for a glass of water. The
> bartender points a gun at him. The man thanks the bartender, and
> leaves.

> Explain why.

Because its always best to be polite to a man with a gun?
Thu 07/06/01 at 16:41
Regular
VenomByte wrote:
"This statement is a lie"

You're supposed to say "You will boil me in water." Silly Venom.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.