GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Puzzles."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 07/06/01 at 15:49
Regular
Right, I'm bored. Let's have some brain teasers.

First one (if you'vea heard it, don't givce it away)

A man walks into a bar (as in a drinks establishment), and asks for a glass of water. The bartender points a gun at him. The man thanks the bartender, and leaves.

Explain why.
Thu 07/06/01 at 17:41
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
But he said they cannot turn back.
Thu 07/06/01 at 17:41
Regular
No, that wouldn't work.
Thu 07/06/01 at 17:39
Regular
Anyway, send the fastest and slowest person over, send the fastest back, repeat.
Thu 07/06/01 at 17:36
Regular
"smile, it's free"
Isn't there a 25% chance it could turn them inside-out? ;)
Thu 07/06/01 at 17:35
Regular
Or, we could use the teleporter... :0)
Thu 07/06/01 at 17:15
four people have 17 minutes to cross a bridge 1 mile across. it is night time and they only have one torch, which must be used on each crossing. there can only be a maximum of two people on the bridge at any one time, and they cannot stop or turn back. the first person walks at 1 mile a minute, the second at 2 miles a minute, the third at 5 miles a minute and the fourth at 10 miles a minute. a pair has to walk at the speed of the slowest person.

how can they cross?
Thu 07/06/01 at 17:09
Regular
"smile, it's free"
a man with a gun wrote:

if i asked
> the other statue if the door on the left has the emerald behind it,
> what would he say?

We have a winner!

An alternative correct answer would have been "What would you say if I asked you 'Is this the correct door'"

In that case, the one that tells the truth would tell the truth, and the one that lies would have to lie about lying, and therefore would also tell the truth.
Thu 07/06/01 at 17:04
> VenomByte wrote:
Grix the
> adventurer
> was exploring some ancient ruins, looking for a legendry
>
> emerald. He came upon two talking statues, each in front of a
> door.
> One of them always tells the truth, the other always
> lies. He can
> ask them each the same yes/no question. One door
> lead to certain
> death, the other to the emerald.

if i asked the other statue if the door on the left has the emerald behind it, what would he say?

if the emerald is behind the door on the left then the statue will have to say no because either he will lie or the other one will. if the emerald is behind the door on the right then the statue will say yes.
Thu 07/06/01 at 17:03
Regular
VenomByte wrote:
> Ant, the young peasant, honourably decided to let the king pick. If
> the king chose 'sod off', they were to get married, otherwise, they
> weren't.

Close enough. Ant was supposed to pick one out, say "I choose this one", and then destroy it. By eating it, possibly. Then the one left would be the opposite of what Ant chose.
Thu 07/06/01 at 17:01
Regular
I wish I knew where they were... I had that one too. The ending was awful.

I always freed Bowser though, for some reason. Then he slipped on a banana peel and knocked out Donkey Kong. Genius.

It inspires most of my story additions.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.