GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is it just me..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/09/05 at 17:00
Regular
Or has football suddenly become ever so boring?

I've really lost enthusiasm for it. I totally agree with the Chalton manager. The likes of Chelsea are totally destroying the sport with their millions.

Naturally it is not a new thought and it is often criticised. That there is more to the sport than money.

But look at the affect Chelsea have. They are mainly a defensive team. Prevent the opponent scoring and hope to score a few. Many other teams, including the likes of the England international team, are adopting this new defensive approach. But this is ripping the heart away from football.

Champions League final aside I cannot really remember the last football game I REALLLY enjoyed.

Is it about time the FA and UEFA imposed a "transfer cap" to prevent clubs with the billions running away from the rest of the league.

With the likes of Chelsea in the premiership, what chance does my team, Leeds, have of regaining their former glory... what chance does Newcastle have of winning the league?

I just hope for a few surprises in the premiership... because the Championship is a much more interesting place to be.

Dringo.
Mon 19/09/05 at 00:23
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Indeed, couldn't believe it when i saw the red come out for Baptista, far too harsh.
Mon 19/09/05 at 00:15
Regular
Just saw Baptista's, very harsh, i think the 47 rolls the espanyol player did on the ground kind of swinged it for the ref!
Mon 19/09/05 at 00:02
Regular
Did you see Baraja's sending off on saturday? Didnt see Baptista's but Baraja's was very harsh.
Sun 18/09/05 at 23:22
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
That Baptista foul was never a straight red. A clumsy challenge, certainly, but he was obviously going for the ball. It's the last minute of injury time and his team are 1-0 down, it wasn't a cynical attempt to stop the opposition equalising.
Sun 18/09/05 at 22:14
Regular
spanish football is getting good with real madrid losing every game and now barcelona losing as well against 10 man atletico :) get in there kezman!!!
Sun 18/09/05 at 22:11
Regular
Because the opponent doesn't get a look in.

An enjoyable game is not the careful demolition of the opposition.

It is a closely fought affair where anything can happen.

Take the champions league final as an example.
Sun 18/09/05 at 21:59
Regular
"Colourless"
Mav wrote:
> Still don't understand why people call Chelsea a boring team.
>
> They must be watching something else.
Sun 18/09/05 at 21:49
Regular
Mav wrote:
> Apart from the entire first half.

Well... yes.
Sun 18/09/05 at 21:02
Regular
Apart from the entire first half.
Sun 18/09/05 at 18:12
Regular
Mav wrote:
> Still don't understand why people call Chelsea a boring team.

Their opponents are hardly an opponent.

It is only "really" exciting when they have to face a tough team from Europe.

I enjoyed Newcastle Vs. Blackburn today mind.

That was good.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.