GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is it just me..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/09/05 at 17:00
Regular
Or has football suddenly become ever so boring?

I've really lost enthusiasm for it. I totally agree with the Chalton manager. The likes of Chelsea are totally destroying the sport with their millions.

Naturally it is not a new thought and it is often criticised. That there is more to the sport than money.

But look at the affect Chelsea have. They are mainly a defensive team. Prevent the opponent scoring and hope to score a few. Many other teams, including the likes of the England international team, are adopting this new defensive approach. But this is ripping the heart away from football.

Champions League final aside I cannot really remember the last football game I REALLLY enjoyed.

Is it about time the FA and UEFA imposed a "transfer cap" to prevent clubs with the billions running away from the rest of the league.

With the likes of Chelsea in the premiership, what chance does my team, Leeds, have of regaining their former glory... what chance does Newcastle have of winning the league?

I just hope for a few surprises in the premiership... because the Championship is a much more interesting place to be.

Dringo.
Wed 21/09/05 at 14:55
Regular
Georgey5 wrote:
> Do any of you people actully go to football matches. It may be boring
> but if you watch on the tele you dont have to pay and can stop
> watching matches...so I dont see why you are complaining

....because you can't stop going to matches and paying for tickets either?

I pay for Sky Sports and Prem Plus to watch entertaining football. You don't have to be at a football match for it to become entertaining.

And no, I don't go to many football matches.

1) It's too expensive for a student
2) Getting to the game isn't easy
3) I wouldn't go alone so I'd have to convince other people to come with me
4) I can watch it on TV =P
Tue 20/09/05 at 23:53
Regular
Damarus wrote:
> Colourless wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
> Because the opponent doesn't get a look in.
>
> I thought your argument was that they were a defensive team.....
>
> It's not possible for Dringo to stick to one story. I thought we'd
> established this in the thread.

A: Chelsea are a defensive team, hence the reason the opponent doesn't get a look in.

B: I kept to the same story in that thread you moron.
Tue 20/09/05 at 22:07
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Please, please, please stop with that rubbish, repetitive, irrelevant argument.
Tue 20/09/05 at 22:00
Regular
"Colourless"
Georgey5 wrote:
> Do any of you people actully go to football matches.

Do you ever say ANYTHING else?
Tue 20/09/05 at 20:00
Regular
"betterthanmoneymake"
Do any of you people actully go to football matches. It may be boring but if you watch on the tele you dont have to pay and can stop watching matches...so I dont see why you are complaining
Tue 20/09/05 at 19:48
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
or†ega wrote:
> Just saw Baptista's, very harsh, i think the 47 rolls the espanyol
> player did on the ground kind of swinged it for the ref!

It's only three games into the season and already Real Madrid have had several absolutely shocking decisions against them. The third goal from Celta being allowed, the Baptista straight red, the farcical Espanyol being allowed despite the whistle having already been blown, probably some others. I wish I had Sky Sports 2 for Thursday's match against Bilbao, I assme Jonathan Woodgate will get sent off for goal hanging or something.
Tue 20/09/05 at 19:45
Regular
"I like cheese"
You mean like they did in the FA Cup Final?
Tue 20/09/05 at 15:54
Regular
"Mozzy"
At least some managers are starting to realise this: [URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/4262762.stm[/URL]
Tue 20/09/05 at 11:55
Regular
Colourless wrote:
> Dringo wrote:
>
> I thought your argument was that they were a defensive team.....

It's not possible for Dringo to stick to one story. I thought we'd established this in the thread.
Mon 19/09/05 at 18:55
Regular
"Colourless"
Dringo wrote:

I thought your argument was that they were a defensive team.....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.