GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is it just me..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/09/05 at 17:00
Regular
Or has football suddenly become ever so boring?

I've really lost enthusiasm for it. I totally agree with the Chalton manager. The likes of Chelsea are totally destroying the sport with their millions.

Naturally it is not a new thought and it is often criticised. That there is more to the sport than money.

But look at the affect Chelsea have. They are mainly a defensive team. Prevent the opponent scoring and hope to score a few. Many other teams, including the likes of the England international team, are adopting this new defensive approach. But this is ripping the heart away from football.

Champions League final aside I cannot really remember the last football game I REALLLY enjoyed.

Is it about time the FA and UEFA imposed a "transfer cap" to prevent clubs with the billions running away from the rest of the league.

With the likes of Chelsea in the premiership, what chance does my team, Leeds, have of regaining their former glory... what chance does Newcastle have of winning the league?

I just hope for a few surprises in the premiership... because the Championship is a much more interesting place to be.

Dringo.
Sun 18/09/05 at 18:06
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Football is still hot... and tight. Yeh, kinda a lyric, but yah gets me. Just because cricket came along for one summer and stole you heart, it doesn't make it any different, hoves.
Sun 18/09/05 at 18:03
Regular
Still don't understand why people call Chelsea a boring team.

They must be watching something else.
Sun 18/09/05 at 14:20
Regular
"Colourless"
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> Huzzah, another Conference recruit to join Ash, Quinty & me :-)

Pah. Quinty, Ash and I were the original conference followers... :P
Sun 18/09/05 at 12:34
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Dringo wrote:

> But look at the affect Chelsea have. They are mainly a defensive
> team. Prevent the opponent scoring and hope to score a few. Many
> other teams, including the likes of the England international team,
> are adopting this new defensive approach. But this is ripping the
> heart away from football.

It really bugs me when teams are attacking in their opponents half and decide to pass the ball backwards, sometimes from nearly in their opponents penalty box right back to their goalkeeper. Man U are the worst offenders at this along with the England team.

Football is in danger of becoming boring like cricket was in the 90's. When Atherton was England captain the England side was defensive and rubbish as a result. Now we have "sexy" cricket back with Flintoff and Pietersen attacking and we are on the verge of becoming the best side in the world. Lets hope football can do the same.
Sun 18/09/05 at 11:00
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Mandatare used to post here and was a Woking fan but I don't think he makes it to the matches anymore due to living elsewhere.
Sun 18/09/05 at 10:59
Regular
"You've upset me"
Huzzah, another Conference recruit to join Ash, Quinty & me :-)
Sun 18/09/05 at 09:51
Regular
"Bouncebackability"
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> And that is why the Conference > the Premiership.

i agree. if you want to watch football thats not a forgone conclusion, watch your local conference team. it may not be such good quality, but at least you'll be making a stand against the premierships big bucks.
next time exeter are at home ill be there!!
c'mon you grecians :)
Sun 18/09/05 at 08:35
Regular
"The Red Shift"
"Fewest goals this season in the same period of time, compared to the last 10 seasons."

=

less enjoyable.

Come on Tottenham, I'm sure you have a 5-4 waiting to come out again.
:)
Sun 18/09/05 at 01:23
Regular
"es argh"
Supporting Portsmouth is fun.

We can beat Man Utd 2:0 yet will lose to a 8-man Crewe.

Plus we get to larf at Soton.
Sat 17/09/05 at 22:29
Regular
"You've upset me"
And that is why the Conference > the Premiership.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.