GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is it just me..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/09/05 at 17:00
Regular
Or has football suddenly become ever so boring?

I've really lost enthusiasm for it. I totally agree with the Chalton manager. The likes of Chelsea are totally destroying the sport with their millions.

Naturally it is not a new thought and it is often criticised. That there is more to the sport than money.

But look at the affect Chelsea have. They are mainly a defensive team. Prevent the opponent scoring and hope to score a few. Many other teams, including the likes of the England international team, are adopting this new defensive approach. But this is ripping the heart away from football.

Champions League final aside I cannot really remember the last football game I REALLLY enjoyed.

Is it about time the FA and UEFA imposed a "transfer cap" to prevent clubs with the billions running away from the rest of the league.

With the likes of Chelsea in the premiership, what chance does my team, Leeds, have of regaining their former glory... what chance does Newcastle have of winning the league?

I just hope for a few surprises in the premiership... because the Championship is a much more interesting place to be.

Dringo.
Fri 23/09/05 at 20:51
Regular
"You've upset me"
8 quid on the terraces for me. Student discount, full price is £12.
Fri 23/09/05 at 18:56
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> Us Conference-ites are lucky in the respect that our ticket prices are
> actually affordable.

I much prefer going to see teams in the lower tiers. My local team Ilkeston Town is in the Unibond Premier league which is one below the Conference north/south and the atmosphere is electric with the fans being right at the pitchside. Costs about £10 odd for an adult ticket.
Fri 23/09/05 at 18:37
Regular
"Bouncebackability"
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> actually affordable.

Going to my first Exeter game tomorrow v Burton Albion.
They're bottom of t the league so we (it feels weird saying that) should stuff 'em!
Thu 22/09/05 at 23:00
Regular
"Colourless"
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> actually affordable.

It's £15 quid at least on the east terrace at Underhill these days....

Tis the family stand for me :)
Thu 22/09/05 at 20:27
Regular
AfroJoe wrote:
> *Consistently
>
> Sorry, Dringo, but a Cambridge student really should know these
> things. :-)

Oh i'm sorry. I am failing to even talk properly these days. I'm going mad.
Thu 22/09/05 at 19:58
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I go to Partick Thistle games + Scotland home internationals.

Probably more games than this idiot Gregory goes to anyway. But obviously, because I watch the Champions League midweek and Premiership and La Liga games at the weekend on top of that, I'm commiting a serious crime. I should obviously be at all these matches.
Thu 22/09/05 at 19:24
Regular
"You've upset me"
Us Conference-ites are lucky in the respect that our ticket prices are actually affordable.
Thu 22/09/05 at 19:23
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Go to some matches but not all. Prices keep on going up and if it's on the TV then I watch it on the TV rather than go up.

The only matches I'd rather go up to see than watch on the TV are Derby games against the likes of Birmingham, West Brom or matches against the big teams.

I'd rather go to the matches than watch it on the TV though.
Thu 22/09/05 at 19:23
Regular
"You've upset me"
JFH wrote:
> What, even when there's a chance that you'll get an update from
> another match with Chris Kamara at half-time? You must be mad.

OK, fair point :-D

"IT'S INN!!!!!! IT'S IIIIINNNN!!!! THEY'VE SCORED JEFFF!!! THEY'VE SCORED! WITH JUST 22 MINUTES LEFT ON THE CLOCK!!!!!!! THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE!!! WHAT A GOAL, WHAT A GOAAAAAL!!!!!! SDJKFHJKSFHJKKLKASDD!!!! JEFFFFFFF!"

Awesome.
Thu 22/09/05 at 19:19
Regular
"0228"
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> I know I certainly wouldn't take TV over a live match. Ever.

What, even when there's a chance that you'll get an update from another match with Chris Kamara at half-time? You must be mad.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.