GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola email - onging issue."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/10/09 at 13:43
"Are you sure?"
Hi Freeola,
Obviously I'm aware of the current email service status that you have posted.

One of my contacts has just let me know that when writing to me yesterday they initially received a warning message last night to say that the email was still waiting to be delivered after 4 hours - and no action was required.

Then this morning they had another message saying that the message could not be delivered!?

They re-sent their email again around 7.30am and it's recently arrived.

Thought it was worth a mention. Does that mean that some emails have been 'bounced'?
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 23/10/09 at 16:45
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Is it true that Freeola are opening a dedicated support centre just to deal with all of Hmmm...'s queries/feedback? :)
Fri 23/10/09 at 15:32
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Oh i see. Thought it read a bit wrong. Anywho...I'll pass the comments on.
Fri 23/10/09 at 15:18
"Are you sure?"
Warhunt wrote:
> Constructive ideas. I will steal them and pass them on as my
> own.....haha.
>
> Anyway why do you say it will teach people not to visit the
> forums? :S

Only because if they were visiting this forum they would be aware of issues even if when the closed issues drop off the Status page...

EDIT: 'teach them' as in "that'll teach them", serve them right!
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 23/10/09 at 15:12
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Constructive ideas. I will steal them and pass them on as my own.....haha.

Anyway why do you say it will teach people not to visit the forums? :S
Fri 23/10/09 at 14:45
"Are you sure?"
Thanks again.

I'm guessing other customers will also be having some email queries over the next few days as they work things out.

It's obviously not easy knowing what you've actually missed until someone shouts!

I'm ok as I always read your Status page but perhaps others would appreciate some sort of service message once the closed one drops off? Just a thought...

Oh well - It'll teach them not to visit the forums!
...Just checked the Status page and I can only see one small link to the forums at the very bottom of the page. Perhaps it would be worthwhile adding a link directly to this 'Freeola Service Forum' in the left-hand navigation to both help people out and increase your forum userbase?
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 23/10/09 at 14:36
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
So I wasn't far off ;)

Anyway Eccles is more technically apt then I am so I can only agree with what he says :D
Fri 23/10/09 at 14:35
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
In theory Hmmm if the sending server is configured correctly then mail shouldn't be lost, as if the sending server couldn't reach 1 MX server if should then try the next. If they all fail to respond then the sending server should effectively queue the mail and retry sending it at increasing intervals (normally up to 24 hours). However, not all mail servers are configured like this and it could be a case of the sending server giving up after just a short period of time, in which case it will lose the mail.
As far as I'm aware all our MX server were unavailable for only a short period of time (less the 2 hours I think) and each MX server was definitely down for a period of time while it was moved, so some badly behaved mail server may have given up in that time.
Fri 23/10/09 at 14:19
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Seems Eccles is getting information that we are not :S I'll go have a chat with him.
Fri 23/10/09 at 14:16
"Are you sure?"
Warhunt wrote:
> The message is correct as the issue is not still ongoing.

Arh - I read Eccles post to infer there may still be a backlog.

Guess that means I have lost emails then if you are saying everything is back to normal! :¬(
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 23/10/09 at 14:14
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
The message is correct as the issue is not still ongoing. As far as we have been told the queues should be clear.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.