GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola email - onging issue."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/10/09 at 13:43
"Are you sure?"
Hi Freeola,
Obviously I'm aware of the current email service status that you have posted.

One of my contacts has just let me know that when writing to me yesterday they initially received a warning message last night to say that the email was still waiting to be delivered after 4 hours - and no action was required.

Then this morning they had another message saying that the message could not be delivered!?

They re-sent their email again around 7.30am and it's recently arrived.

Thought it was worth a mention. Does that mean that some emails have been 'bounced'?
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sun 25/10/09 at 14:02
Staff
Garin wrote:
> ncrs wrote:
> If you've not received by this point, I doubt if you'll receive
> anything, though it's still not impossible. Our own SMTP
> servers
> for example will retry for up to 5 days, and I believe that
> this
> may be the default that Exim (probably the most widely used
> email
> server) uses..
>
> The default on Exim is 4 days. I doubt its even close to being
> the most popular mail server though.

Fair enough, the only stats I could find all seemed to have exim in third place behind Sendmail, though some stats had it close third place :)
Sun 25/10/09 at 13:11
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
ncrs wrote:
> If you've not received by this point, I doubt if you'll receive
> anything, though it's still not impossible. Our own SMTP servers
> for example will retry for up to 5 days, and I believe that this
> may be the default that Exim (probably the most widely used email
> server) uses..

The default on Exim is 4 days. I doubt its even close to being the most popular mail server though.
Sun 25/10/09 at 12:26
Staff
If you've not received by this point, I doubt if you'll receive anything, though it's still not impossible. Our own SMTP servers for example will retry for up to 5 days, and I believe that this may be the default that Exim (probably the most widely used email server) uses..

As far as the MX servers go, looks like the move and changes that were made, have improved stability substantially, as the servers seem to be going offline less frequently than previously ( previously there was usually at least one server withdrawing itself from the pool every half hour or so for a few minutes). In practice this will probably not be noticeable at the user end, as MX servers are designed to be redundant anyway.
Sun 25/10/09 at 10:42
"Are you sure?"
Digitrader wrote:
> Edit I just received a message this minute sent on Wed morning
> so they are still filtering through Hmmmm

Hi Digi,
Guess I've been unlucky then as I know of at least two emails from clients that didn't arrive :¬(
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Sat 24/10/09 at 02:14
Regular
The non technical reason for the email delay is simple the mail servers are members of the communication union and have been on strike in support of the postmen

Digi :)

Edit I just received a message this minute sent on Wed morning so they are still filtering through Hmmmm
Fri 23/10/09 at 18:18
Regular
Unless he wants to stop winning GADs, he should carry on surpressing his anger and be overly nice to everyone.

And yes, I'm sure about that. ;)
Fri 23/10/09 at 18:07
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
>
> Freeola have 1000's of customers but for some reason only a few
> turn up here!

To mention an earlier post re sighting of Forum link, maybe the Forums link on Freeola's home page shouldn't be stuck away in the top right-hand corner - far too insignificant and out of customer sight.

And as Garin stated (to Hmmm):

Far from it. My only complaint is you're far too polite and forgiving. A few angry tirades would be good every so often just to keep things interesting. :)

@Garin

Totally agree, Hmmm's participation within all aspects of the forums is to be commended and his input is extremely valuable and welcomed by a lot of 'users'.... as is yours:-)
Fri 23/10/09 at 17:37
"Are you sure?"
See tag line...

[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Fri 23/10/09 at 17:24
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Hmmm... wrote:
> Hope my posts don't annoy you too much :¬P

Far from it. My only complaint is you're far too polite and forgiving. A few angry tirades would be good every so often just to keep things interesting. :)
Fri 23/10/09 at 17:17
"Are you sure?"
Hi Garin,
I'm very keen on Freeola Customer Service etc. as I'm quite a large user!

I have over 100 domains hosted with them and have put around a dozen people onto their ADSL who I look after.

Hope my posts don't annoy you too much :¬P

Freeola have 1000's of customers but for some reason only a few turn up here!
[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.