GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Scars"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 15/09/05 at 16:31
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Everyone knows scars are big, clever and make you look cool. Like smoking and swearing and punching children. But I have some of the most retarded scars on any human.

I have one down the length of my right forearm, quite faint, from falling off a skateboard in one of those hilarious videos you've no doubt seen. Thing is, it didn't even hurt at the time, it was literally just a scrape, the top of the skin came off. Now I have a twatty looking scar the length of my arm for falling off a moving plank of wood.

On my bicep on the same arm, I have a nasty looking scar, but - here's the thing - I don't know where it came from. How spasticated is that? It happened while I was at uni, I just looked at my arm one day and found I had a scar there where there was no scar before. It kind of looks circular, like I fell on a glass or bottle or something, but the fact I'm scarred for life and don't know how I did it makes me feel stupid. It's not like I didn't remember cutting myself, it's that I don't remember the injury ever being there - how long does a cut take to scar? A week or more? I must have been drunk a long time.

I tell people my scars are from 'Nam.

Share your scar stories; it'll be like Jaws, only with nerds who fall off skateboards.
Thu 15/09/05 at 20:23
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I've got a nice one from when I was about ten. I was riding my bike, the pedals were wet and I slipped. I came off and the pedal sliced across the back of my ankle.

It hurt like a bast and it made it difficult to walk for a while.
Thu 15/09/05 at 20:15
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Had a hernia myself, so I have an 8 inch scar from it. Got a scar on my right hand by the little finger where I came off a bike. Another bike scar on my knee. Have slight reddening of the skin on my right hand where I got third degree burns but it isn't that noitceable now. Have a few scars in my scalp, one from barbed wire and one from a sharp wall corner. Think that's it.
Thu 15/09/05 at 20:09
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Cutting carrots with a sharp knife at about four years old. I think my Mum was ill, and I volunteered. Scar on finger.

Also, slipping on the pebble-dashed concrete stairs to a waterslide on holiday, gashed my knee down to the gristle and gave myself a hernia. So there's a pale scar on my knee. The hernia I never bothered with, the pain went away after a while and comes back sporadically.
Thu 15/09/05 at 19:48
Regular
"The Red Shift"
The kids must be dishing out a lot of haymakers to get lunch money these days.

:)
Thu 15/09/05 at 19:01
Regular
Actual scars, I have found some more appearing recently around the side of my rib-cage.
Thu 15/09/05 at 18:59
Maybe it's your intercostal muscles?

Or are they actual scars?
Thu 15/09/05 at 18:58
Regular
Timmargh wrote:
> OddToe wrote:
> I have scars all the way up my back, they line the position of my
> ribcage.
>
> What caused them?

I am unsure, I have had them about a year. I really should see a doctor about them.
Thu 15/09/05 at 18:49
Regular
"That's right!"
That reminds me - on holiday when I was about 10 I was running along the beach at night. Someone shouted and I turned to see what about when - boom.

Suddenly I was catapulted back. Someone had shouted to warn me that I was about to run into a rusty wire fence.

I had one line across my forehead, one across my cheeks and nose, one across my chin - all the way my arms and across my legs (I think I was wearing shorts, but either way it still hurt through my clothes)

I looked like I'd been grilled, and they stayed for a day or so.
Thu 15/09/05 at 18:48
Regular
"the burning sky"
I have several small ones on the palm of my left hand from falling on a concrete playgound and pebbles getting stuck under my skin. On the back of the same hand I have several more in a jaw shape where my brother bit me as a youngster. Moving to the left wrist I have a few longer scars which came from wounds that just appeared one morning. I dont self-harm honest. I have a small circle like scar on my neck where I had a lump removed. I also have a scar on my forehead where my bro smashed my head into a TV (when we were young). I also have sveral on the back of the thumb on my right hand, which came from a sharp letter box on my paper-round. I drew blood on it almost every week. Now I think thats them all apart from the obligatiory ones on my knees that everyone has...

Edit: Since someone mentioned Acne, I was lucky only having the mild type, no scars just feckload of 'tard spots. They're almost gone now tho, just a couple of patches round my shoulders/back...

Edit2: Something just reminded me. I left a pretty heafy scar in someones forehead. The person was a shortarse and ran into me during football, knocked my tooth square out (only milk so it didnt matter) and I cut open their forehead, go me!
Thu 15/09/05 at 18:46
Regular
"spongemycarpetydont"
I ran into a rusty hinge when i was three. I've also got some small scars around my mouth, where, after a appointment at the dentist, i was checking the numbness of my chin.

Oh, and one on my leg from ice skating. I slipped and somehow the back end of my skate dug into my thigh.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.