GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Extended School Holidays."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 06/09/05 at 16:39
Regular
"Hot Gun On Ma Waist"
Just found out that instead of going back to school tomoro, my school has decided to stay shut until building work is finished on the 12th!! Result.
Tue 06/09/05 at 20:58
Regular
"You've upset me"
tnc wrote:
> Well ...
>
> I've done six pieces of coursework, with four at A* and two at A.
>
> You can eat your [typed] words now :P

*restrains himself*
Tue 06/09/05 at 20:59
Regular
"Mozzy"
tnc wrote:
> Ah!
>
> The pressure of the end of the two-year GCSE syllabus is really
> hammered home to you when the teachers constantly remind you that
> 'you have two terms left'.

Heh, my teachers have said that way too many times and i've only been back at school for one day!
Tue 06/09/05 at 21:01
Regular
It's because they were forced to become teachers.

"Those that can do and those that can't teach. Those who are mentally unbalanced become Clowns"
Tue 06/09/05 at 21:11
Regular
"You've upset me"
Oh and by the way, TeaEnSie, good coursework is never a guarantee. I aced my English Language coursework and still got an A. It all depends on what the exam throws at you on the day. I was in a very bad mood for mine. I became pretty vitriolic in the "Analyze, review, comment" section and probably pished off the examiner with my pretentiously mordant tone (either that or I just answered badly :-D). But there you go. I don't really care for English Language as a subject anyway. Literature's far more interesting.
Tue 06/09/05 at 21:13
"High polygon count"
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> ... Was sort of the point I was making.

Yeah, sorry... only noticed after I'd posted it! :-)

Still, spelling, grammar and punctuation aren't important in exams these days, are they? If chimps could write, they'd be taking an awful lot of university places! ;-)
Tue 06/09/05 at 21:13
Regular
"The definitive tag"
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> Oh and by the way, TeaEnSie, good coursework is never a guarantee. I
> aced my English Language coursework and still got an A. It all
> depends on what the exam throws at you on the day. I was in a very
> bad mood for mine. I became pretty vitriolic in the "Analyze,
> review, comment" section and probably pished off the examiner
> with mordant tone. But there you go, I don't really care for English
> as a subject anyway.

Yeah, I got two A* for my pieces of business studies coursework, but I cocked the finance test up and got a B or something which brought my overall grade down to an A.
Tue 06/09/05 at 21:15
Regular
"You've upset me"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Yeah, sorry... only noticed after I'd posted it! :-)

NHD :-)

> Still, spelling, grammar and punctuation aren't important in exams
> these days, are they?

I wouldn't go as far as unimportant, but less important certainly. It's more about communication, which is fair enough in my eyes. You still won't hit the top grade with atrocious SPaG though, no matter how well you communicate.
Tue 06/09/05 at 21:18
Regular
I've taken it as read that the English exam was slightly easier than it actually is. After all, I've achieved As in the scaled-down versions without any revision at all so with a lot of revision and adrenaline I should manage an A*.

I can but hope. I always seem to fall down on Maths tests so I'm not particularly looking forward to that element. It's the final push though; finish the GCSE in it and I never have to quadralate the equilateral angles in an Isosceles Triangle again.
Tue 06/09/05 at 21:20
Regular
RastaBillySkank wrote:

> TeaEnSie

Good on premise and phonetically, but using capital letters INAPPROPRIATELY makes it look as though my name's TES.
Tue 06/09/05 at 21:20
Regular
"You've upset me"
Chr1s wrote:
> Yeah, I got two A* for my pieces of business studies coursework, but
> I cocked the finance test up and got a B or something which brought
> my overall grade down to an A.

Damn, you quoted before the edit(s) :-)

Aww. Poor you. It happens though. Exams are incredibly divisive (and slightly unfair) in the way that they suit some people down to the ground and others buckle under the "pressure".

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.