GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Extended School Holidays."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 06/09/05 at 16:39
Regular
"Hot Gun On Ma Waist"
Just found out that instead of going back to school tomoro, my school has decided to stay shut until building work is finished on the 12th!! Result.
Tue 06/09/05 at 18:41
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
When I was at University we only did 24 weeks a year which is the norm as far as I'm aware. Only thing was we did exams in January and June so had to study over Christmas which was a bit of a pain.

Summer was great though as we broke up for 15 weeks from the start of June to about the last week in September however I had to work a fair bit of it to get some beer money and save up for the coming year.

Still it's better than only getting 5 weeks off a year now I'm working full time.

Moral of the story: Work hard while you're at school/college so you can go to University and have over half the year off. That and you'll have a better chance of getting a good job.
Tue 06/09/05 at 19:13
Regular
"Mozzy"
So you've been and went to Uni? What are you working as now?

I hope to make it to Uni, but you cant be sure until you see how good or bad you're doing in college.
Tue 06/09/05 at 19:20
Regular
Ah!

The pressure of the end of the two-year GCSE syllabus is really hammered home to you when the teachers constantly remind you that 'you have two terms left'.

Latin was proof of not knowing much, but as all we have to do is learn some poems, background and words I'll be fine with some revision. As for the rest of the topic, I really need to know my word-endings.

I think I have some guaranteed A*s; such as both Englishes and RS. I'm predicted an A* in History which I think I'll be able to pull off and my Maths teacher has shocked me by predicting me an A/A*. I'm hoping to get an A* in German simply because all I need is some complex revision.

It all sounds like a time-sapping hardship for which we don't have a long time to complete. I suppose I just have to listen in class and then use my Study Leave 'productively'.

Gah. Role on the Summer.
Tue 06/09/05 at 20:08
Regular
"You've upset me"
tnc wrote:
> I think I have some guaranteed A*s; such as both Englishes

>Role on the Summer.

Heh :-)
Tue 06/09/05 at 20:16
"High polygon count"
$L!CE wrote:
> Just found out that instead of going back to school tomoro, my school
> has decided to stay shut until building work is finished on the
> 12th!! Result.

You don't happen to go to Thorplands Lower in Northampton, do you?
Tue 06/09/05 at 20:17
"High polygon count"
tnc wrote:
> I think I have some guaranteed A*s; such as both Englishes

> Role on the Summer.

I'm guessing not, actually. :-)
Tue 06/09/05 at 20:21
Regular
"You've upset me"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> I'm guessing not, actually. :-)

... Was sort of the point I was making.
Tue 06/09/05 at 20:26
Regular
Well ...

I've done six pieces of coursework, with four at A* and two at A.

You can eat your [typed] words now :P
Tue 06/09/05 at 20:29
It's still "roll," though
Tue 06/09/05 at 20:32
Regular
I know.

A deliberate mistake, so it shan't be edited.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.