GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Northern Ireland vs England"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 04/09/05 at 21:52
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
After Englands lackluster performance in the last 2 games will they win?

I'm not sure.

Will the formation be the same and will Owen return to the squad or not?

Again not sure.

Discuss.
Sun 04/09/05 at 21:52
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
After Englands lackluster performance in the last 2 games will they win?

I'm not sure.

Will the formation be the same and will Owen return to the squad or not?

Again not sure.

Discuss.
Sun 04/09/05 at 23:03
Regular
"0228"
If they don't win, I'll personally go and shoot each member of the squad in the face. There is no excuse for England to lose against Northern Ireland.
Mon 05/09/05 at 02:03
Regular
David Healy, there's an excuse.
Mon 05/09/05 at 02:03
Regular
England will win though.

if I was a betting man I'd put money on it.
Mon 05/09/05 at 11:22
Regular
"You've upset me"
Dringo wrote:
> David Healy, there's an excuse.

He's not that good. In fact, is he even playing regularly now you have Hulse?

Anyway, England should run out of this 3-0 winners. Sven will change the system I'd've thought to put Owen up front with Rooney.

Robinson

Young/Neville - Carragher - Ferdinand - A. Cole

SWP - Beckham - Gerrard - J. Cole

Rooney - Owen

Not sure Joe Cole deserves a starting place after the Wales game but I'd still pick him over Richardson. It'd be a different matter were Downing not injured though.

I reckon he'll either play that or a 4-3-3:

Robinson

Young/Neville - Carragher - Ferdinand - A. Cole

---------------------Beckham----------------------------
------------Gerrard----------Lampard-----------------

SWP-------------------------------------------Rooney

-------------------------Owen-----------------------------

Eliminates the Joe Cole problem.
Mon 05/09/05 at 12:05
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Joe Cole is good. He's just not good enough every game at international level to deserve a game for every match. But Sven's got 'comfortable' with him now, and so he won't change it until the tabloids decide that Joe Cole should be shot in public or something.

I don't think we should stick with the Wales formation, though - it may have been the players, but the formation doesn't give us enough going forward to justify it, especially as we didn't look the strongest in defence - Wales broke through about 2/3 times, which isn't bad, but considering we only got through about 4, I don't think it's a formation that can work for England.

Of course, he probably will stick with it because Sven's that kind of manager. I'd say playing Rooney on the right, with a view to a free-role is probably the best option, as it means
-Rooney and Owen can both play
-We get to see the best of them both

Of course, my witteringson here will have no effect on it all, but hush.

Oh, and Beckham in holding midfield? If he could tackle, it really could work - he picked out a fair few passes, and had the time to, as well. Won't work against teams like Brazil, who'll constantly be pressing you, but against teams like N. Ireland, I could see it working pretty well.
Mon 05/09/05 at 12:33
Regular
The problem with playing Beckham there is that the long passes over the top eliminate Gerrard and Lampard. Most of the time he should be playing it short to the two midfielders, inviting them to move forward and organise the attack.

Hopefully Sven can drill that into him.

Don't eliminate the long balls completely, though - his accuracy and vision in that respect is second to none and, when it's the best option, he can go ahead. But the midfield trio need to develop a better understanding at the moment.
Mon 05/09/05 at 12:56
Regular
"Less chat...More ha"
I think Owen has to play, he probably isn't fully fit, but he carries so much more of a goal threat than any other England player, especially at international level.

The most likely candidate for the chop in my opinion is Cole, he hasnt had many decent games for England since the game against N Ireland, where he was heralded as the saviour, yet people overlooked the fact that it was against very weak opposition!

I think maybe have another go at the 4-3-3 with Rooney moving to the left
and Owen going up top. It definately plays more to Rooney's strengths and as our truly world class player that appears wise. It definately has goals in it, as Owen should relish playing with Rooney behind him. It does rely on SWP playing wider than he did on Sat as the width needs to come from somewhere.

Whether it is a viable formation in the long term remains to be seen, but reverting back to the 4-4-2 still requires a left winger so that is not ideal either!

Time will tell!
Mon 05/09/05 at 13:09
Regular
Oh and shift Lampard out. For a while.
Mon 05/09/05 at 13:32
Regular
Oh and Healy - legend...

shush.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.