GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Northern Ireland vs England"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 04/09/05 at 21:52
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
After Englands lackluster performance in the last 2 games will they win?

I'm not sure.

Will the formation be the same and will Owen return to the squad or not?

Again not sure.

Discuss.
Fri 09/09/05 at 21:31
"LOLLERSKATES!"
Oswaldo! wrote:
> If they sack him now, they still owe him the best part of £14,

:)
Fri 09/09/05 at 20:49
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Basically, it's football, not the end of the world.
Fri 09/09/05 at 20:46
Regular
"Mozzy"
Yup.

[S]btw, this thread has 205 posts! I never even realised...
Fri 09/09/05 at 20:15
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Oswaldo! wrote:
> The damn 'papers make me really sick sometimes. I turned straight to
> the back page on yesterday's Mirror after thoroughly enjoying
> the 1-0 defeat the night before, only to read the start of their man
> sporting headline:
>
> "Sven-Goran Eriksson suffered great humiliation last
> night...
"
>
> Unbelievable!!

That's what you get for reading crap like The Mirror
Fri 09/09/05 at 19:50
Regular
Can you please learn how to write more conservatively?

I really can't be bothered to read half of what you write.
Fri 09/09/05 at 19:28
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I'm certain the money is the problem here.

Mr.Burns' long lost idiot twin-brother (from Sweden) worked his way into a very cush new 5-year extension to his current contract when he was barely 2 years into the one he signed four years back.

I don't think the FA can stand to see a humiliation like Wednesday night, and we weren't particularly brilliant against Wales while we were totally uninspired against Denmark - which pales in comparison to Wednesday night, but no man seemed to know where he was playing or what exactly to do. The ball got stuck around Beckham's feet and it was a long-ball game to Shaun Wright-Phillips. In the second half, Gerrard, Lampard, Owen, Rooney, Joe Cole... They all just seemed to get in each others way!

If they sack him now, they still owe him the best part of £14, so we're led to believe. £5m a year's an awful lot of money - Lawrie Sanchez, however, is only on £100,000!! I don't know how much of their own money has gone into the shambling will-it-or-won't-it Wembley project but sadly, I can't see where they could amass £14m from - unless they want to start sentencing players with proper fines.
Fri 09/09/05 at 19:00
Regular
"Baros!!!"
What I don't understand is why Sven is manager of England right now. He's just lost to N. Ireland 1-0, a team that we haven't lost to in however many years it was and a team that is the worst in Great Britain.

Look at Hoddle and Venables. Both were doing very well and got sacked for something that had nothing to do with the results. Venables only lost 1 game in 25 for England. Yet Sven has affairs with 2 different women at 2 different times and still survives the axe.
Fri 09/09/05 at 17:30
Regular
"Long time no see!"
After the results for both Scotland and Northern Ireland on the night, given that this entire country is the current laughing-stock of the United Kingdom (including Ireland and parts of Europe), no matter how much they'll have to pay him in compensation, NOW, the FA HAVE to be thinking very seriously about the managerial situation.

I just hope it doesn't have to go to failure in the qualification for the finals, or another great dissapointment in the tournament itself, before the innevitible happens.
Fri 09/09/05 at 17:20
Regular
"Long time no see!"
The damn 'papers make me really sick sometimes. I turned straight to the back page on yesterday's Mirror after thoroughly enjoying the 1-0 defeat the night before, only to read the start of their man sporting headline:

"Sven-Goran Eriksson suffered great humiliation last night..."

Unbelievable!!

Fair enough, they went into great detail of England's loss a little later on (eventually), but after a totally uninspired performance like that, are we being led to believe that one [foreign] man's reputation is of greater importance than the well being of our own national top ten football team???

Anyway, like I said, I truly enjoyed that match, like the man from Northern Ireland I could never be - heck, there's more Welsh in me than there is any of that! But that's not the point.
I've been looking out for every game, hoping the team would somehow screw up big time, when it really matters. The Denmark game gave me hope, but the fixture itself has a lot less importance. We could've dropped points to Wales, if not thanks to Joe Cole's deflected strike. And then, there was David Healy, one of those bright young men who I knew could score goals. You'll have heard me say it before, but I NEVER wanted him to leave Old Trafford so soon. He deserved his chance and I think he proved that on Wednesday night.

This defeat was important to us, I feel. Finally, there is a growing realisation of our poor situation amongst the average football fan. We'll still make it to the World Cup, I'm quite sure. But Sven-Goran Eriksson's reputation and undeserved respect in this country is suddenly falling faster than the true Wembley's two towers.

He's a failuer as an international manager. A coward to stand-up, do what is expected of him and be counted as a man who can lead a team of top-class professionals to the very top - where we could so easily be with the squads and potential we have available!

It's been the same old story with Eriksson's England for far too long now - just like the never-changing starting eleven. And once again, I was right - ten minutes from the end, OWEN HARGREAVES makes a bizzare and totally uncalled for appearence in place of a more attack-minded man who, in the right formation and play, can help get us GOALS!

Shaun Wright-Phillips was probably our best player in the first half - he was the only natural in that position, he gave us width we didn't have in the second half. Why not take hot-headed Rooney off instead?
He clearly was adapting at all well to be stuck out on the wing - that's almost like playing Ronaldinho at right-back, or something similar!

I do hope our starting eleven knows what is expected of them for the last two games, even without Rooney for the Austria one. If not, he needs to bite the bullet and make some personnel changes. Fast! I almost expect to see another new formation. Though, I don't expect this, somehow...

I know we can beat whatever opposition in the play-offs, but still, with our recent record in mind (throughout ninety minutes, not on paper), we'll be up against tougher opposition, no doubt. And as long as they're up for it (just as Healy and co. were - and they had nothing to play for!!), they're aware of our form, we could still be in for a VERY, VERY rough ride.

Unfortunately, now is not the time for a new manager. Perhaps after the qualifiers? There's still plenty of time between the finals and then. I'm glad to see Sam Alladyce is keen - he replaced Eriksson when he got the sack in my Football Manager 2005 game, and we've seen one the World Cup TWICE!! (No in the 2010-11 season)

That game was right about Ellington joining West Brom too, Baros leaving Liverpool and Wigan reaching the Premiership, just out of interest. :)

;D
Fri 09/09/05 at 16:50
Regular
"Mozzy"
Heh: [URL]http://www.throw-in.com/forums/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=1731[/URL]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.