GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Spirited Away"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 04/09/05 at 18:15
Regular
"You have a choice"
OK. Japenese anime movies usually arn't my sort of thing, but my mate likes them so he decided to put Spirited Away on during one of our "Film Nights."

WHAT THE HELL!?!?!? This is officially the weirdest film I have ever encountered. It starts off pretty understandable with a girl worried about moving to a new school etc, and all of a sudden her parents are turning into pigs, a good looking lad she's friends with randomly turns out to be a dragon and the baby's are 3 feet taller than their mother and speak better english.

Anyone seen this?! Did I miss something or is it just a damn weird film?
Tue 06/09/05 at 13:51
"period drama"
As a rule, subs over dubs, but there's always the occasion when stupid whiny rubbish Americans haven't ruined the whole film.
Tue 06/09/05 at 13:43
Regular
"Woke up this mornin"
I think if you're watching a cartoon then dubbing is fine, as there's no lip-syncing to worry about - it doesn't look weird like dubbibg usually does. I think they did a fine job on Spirited Away - the acting is fine and it doesn't come across as being westernised.
Tue 06/09/05 at 13:31
Regular
I wouldn't really say Spirited Away was "nonsense making." I thought it was genuinely magical, and it does have some depth to it. Just wondering, did you watch the original Japanese version with subs or did you watch it with the English dub?
Tue 06/09/05 at 13:14
Regular
Talking of Japanese game shows, anyone ever seen Takeshi's Castle?
Managed to have me in stitches once.

As weird and nonsense-making as it was, I still liked Spirited Away.
I'll look out for Princess Mononoke and Akira if they're in the same vein.
Talking of Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, I actually liked that film. Yeah, it wasn't realistic but it's supposed to be based on legends like King Arthur with Merlin the wizard and the lady in the lake. I thought that the "magic" was quite fitting for the story and setting.
Mon 05/09/05 at 03:16
Regular
"Captain to you."
nope no connection.
Mon 05/09/05 at 03:12
Regular
I'm sure it must have some sort of connection with Full Metal Panic, if it does it must be good.
Mon 05/09/05 at 03:10
Regular
"Captain to you."
Main blokey rides an elk.

Rai wrote:
> I'd agree, FMA is a decent series.
>
> Also odd.

Odd? it's not odd all makes perfect sense, i want the film.
Sun 04/09/05 at 21:21
Regular
Herr Dark Wolf wrote:
> No, Princess Mononoke was not about a horse, but yes there is an elk
> in it.

I'm sure the Forest Guardians day form walked as an elk?
Sun 04/09/05 at 21:19
Regular
Japanese films= Good
Sun 04/09/05 at 21:17
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Japansed films = rubbish.

Japanese technology = superb!

Japanses game shows = insane!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.