GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wales vs England"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 02/09/05 at 21:35
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
0-2 to England.

But Sven will change the formation before the Ireland game because he want's to "experiment".

Like he's not been doing that since he took over.
Sun 04/09/05 at 16:29
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> Lot at Cole's position when he scored. Supposedly a left winger and he
> was further right than Rooney.

Excatly, I think he spent most of the time in central midfield or the right wing.
Sun 04/09/05 at 16:12
Regular
"You've upset me"
Lot at Cole's position when he scored. Supposedly a left winger and he was further right than Rooney.
Sun 04/09/05 at 16:09
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> They were supposed to surge forward but phillips and Cole weren't
> wide enough to let them in.

Well Cole was drifting inside constantly. He does it all the time, it's not exactly news. SWP stayed on the right after McClaren shouted at him from the touchline.

You can pretty much see that by the fact that Gerrard did get forward quite a bit whereas Lampard was somewhat absent.

> Even Sven said it. I love being right.

Yeah, don't say that again. People will want to hit you.
Sun 04/09/05 at 16:06
Regular
"You've upset me"
down wrote:
> RBS, you live in Cambridge, right?
>
> What's it like?

See SLT. :-)
Sun 04/09/05 at 11:36
Regular
No but we can play them.

They were supposed to surge forward but phillips and Cole weren't wide enough to let them in.

Even Sven said it. I love being right.
Sun 04/09/05 at 03:48
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Dringo wrote:
> We can play against the likes of Brazil and France but throw us
> against Scotland and we'll struggle... simply because of who it is.

Yeah, we'd never struggle against Brazil or France.
Sun 04/09/05 at 00:51
Regular
They were supposed to surge forward, which Gerrard did to good effect on several occasions.
Sun 04/09/05 at 00:46
Regular
No but where could they go? I shouldn't have put normal holding roles, but they can play that role... defensive I mean.

They were stuck in the middle of the park bless them.
Sun 04/09/05 at 00:44
Gerrard and Lampard don't play holding roles.

I can't be bothered arguing with the rest of that, I'll do it tomorrow
Sun 04/09/05 at 00:37
Regular
It was a game against Wales. It was a game against the home nations. They are always edgy affairs.

We can play against the likes of Brazil and France but throw us against Scotland and we'll struggle... simply because of who it is.

We also raise our game against top teams. Remember we had one man up front and Gerrard and Lampard could not play in a holding/defensive position as that was Beckhams job and Wright-Phillips and Joe Cole persistantly prevented Gerrard and Lamps going forward cause they cut in too deep.

The formation worked against Wales and Sven was pretty sure it would. If he was playing Poland for example he would not play 4-5-1, I'm certain (then again he can surprise me).

It was an average performance. But it was a home nation tie, it was on the back of a 4-1 defeat with a lot of pressure on the players to perform and we controlled the middle of the park no problem.

Hardly the end of the world.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.