GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wales vs England"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 02/09/05 at 21:35
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
0-2 to England.

But Sven will change the formation before the Ireland game because he want's to "experiment".

Like he's not been doing that since he took over.
Sun 04/09/05 at 20:34
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Bah we all know you're only allowed an opinion on a match when you've been there yourself, up in the 30th row behind some fat guy who stinks, unable to see a good deal of the action as it's down the other end of the pitch.
Sun 04/09/05 at 20:30
Regular
Meka Dragon wrote:
> Loads of stuff about being an armchair fan.

I agree completely.
I actually prefer sitting in teh house with my mates watching a game.

Cons: Not the same atmosphere
Commentators (Only if they're English though, "Wayne Rooney this, 1966 that")
My wee brother lives in the same house as me

Pros:

No traffic on the way to the couch
Good banter - which is impossible at a match as you have to shout everything
Replays
You can see things happening "Was it a goal, I dunno, oh, he's shown a card, or is that his hand?"
No queues to get food that are so big that when you finally get back the second half has started
Commentators (So that if you have to go to the topilet you can still hear what's going on)
Warmth (Rain and win? No thanks)
Comfort (Plastic seats? No chance)
You can put your feet up
No smelly people
You don't have to listen to secretarian songs (The one thign i hate about Rangers)
Sun 04/09/05 at 20:24
Regular
Ant wrote:
> Beckham was awesome.
>
> That cross with the outside of his boot...
>
> *drools*

Well it'd be much more impressive if he crossed it with the inside of his boot, I mean, it's difficxult enough to get your feet inside them, let alone a ball.
Sun 04/09/05 at 20:23
Regular
"not dead"
Georgey5 wrote:

> Not another only watching football on TV person

You buy me the tickets, I'll go to matches.

What the hell does it matter when and where I watch the football? I'm an armchair fan, and I'm proud of that. It's an affordable hobby for me, and one I enjoy. Think I'm going to change because someone I don't know on a forum tries to make a 'clever' comment?

I'll tell you something else too, I didn't even watch the match live - I taped it and watched it back later. And I used the fast-forward button every time the ball went out for a throw or goal kick. You think that means I didn't enjoy it?

I've been an armchair fan for many long years, and I support a team that I live no where near. You have a problem with that? You know what, if you do, I don't care, it won't effect me in any way whatsoever. I'll still watch matches on TV, I'll still scream when a goal is scored, or kick one of the kids toys in frustration. I'll scream at the ref from the comfort of my sofa (and it's an amazingly comfortable sofa too), or at my players (because, despite not being in the stands, I care enough to call them mine) for failing to pass or shoot when I decide it's the right thing to do. If my teams wins I feel happy, if they lose I feel sad. Only the wife will fetch a beer for me during the football, and I'm not going to miss any of the action when a bloke with a massive head stands up to scratch his balls.

Football. I enjoy it from the comfort of my own house, and I'm happy with that. Enjoy your righteous indignation.
Sun 04/09/05 at 20:14
WHAT.

IS.

WRONG.

WITH.

YOU.

Have you never watched a game on television? Then how can you compare the atmosphere?
Sun 04/09/05 at 19:51
Regular
"betterthanmoneymake"
Meka Dragon wrote:
> RastaBillySkank wrote:
> Lot at Cole's position when he scored. Supposedly a left winger and
> he
> was further right than Rooney.
>
> Fluidity within a team can be a very good thing, if all players on on
> the samewave length though. Watching a couple of Man Utd's games so
> far this season, they seem to be able to do it. Rio Ferdinand crossed
> the ball in from the right (agaisnt Villa, I think it was), and stayed
> forward, so Darren Fletcher (I think) slotted into his position in the
> meantime so that the team did not lose shape, and be at a
> disadavantage should a counter-attack occur.
>
> If Englands players were to play together more regularly, and be
> comfortable in numerous positions, a 4-5-1 can be a superb formation.
> If they're too rigid, don't move about and interchange it can be
> incredibly predictable, making it very hard to break down a team.
>
> As for the Wales game, three points was the important thing, the way
> Poland keep on racking them up. Best moment in the game for me was
> Robinson's save. And the good thing is he's pulling off saves like
> that almost every week. Long may it continue.

Not another only watching football on TV person
Sun 04/09/05 at 19:41
Regular
"not dead"
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> Lot at Cole's position when he scored. Supposedly a left winger and he
> was further right than Rooney.

Fluidity within a team can be a very good thing, if all players on on the samewave length though. Watching a couple of Man Utd's games so far this season, they seem to be able to do it. Rio Ferdinand crossed the ball in from the right (agaisnt Villa, I think it was), and stayed forward, so Darren Fletcher (I think) slotted into his position in the meantime so that the team did not lose shape, and be at a disadavantage should a counter-attack occur.

If Englands players were to play together more regularly, and be comfortable in numerous positions, a 4-5-1 can be a superb formation. If they're too rigid, don't move about and interchange it can be incredibly predictable, making it very hard to break down a team.

As for the Wales game, three points was the important thing, the way Poland keep on racking them up. Best moment in the game for me was Robinson's save. And the good thing is he's pulling off saves like that almost every week. Long may it continue.
Sun 04/09/05 at 19:03
Regular
"I like cheese"
Beckham was awesome.

That cross with the outside of his boot...

*drools*
Sun 04/09/05 at 18:52
Regular
Depending on Owen's fitness I have to say I agree with Mav.
Sun 04/09/05 at 16:44
Regular
The right-wing is going a bit far, but yeah, he was worse than Beckham in terms of staying on the wing yesterday.

I'd drop him. The best I've seen him play was on his debut, and he might return to that form if his place feels threatened.

Owen has to come back into the team, and if you're looking to drop someone on yesterday's performance, it should be Cole.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.