GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wales vs England"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 02/09/05 at 21:35
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
0-2 to England.

But Sven will change the formation before the Ireland game because he want's to "experiment".

Like he's not been doing that since he took over.
Sat 03/09/05 at 23:38
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
down wrote:
> How do you mean? Playing Carrick in Beckham's position, Rooney and
> Beckham in Lampard's and Cole's, and Owen as lone forward?

Yeah, pretty much.

Robinson
Young - Ferdinand - Carragher - A Cole
Beckham - Carrick - Gerrard
SWP - Owen - Rooney
Sat 03/09/05 at 23:25
Regular
"Acid Casual"
J-42 wrote:
> Quite surprised to see people saying today's performance was awful - I
> thought we looked solid.
>

If solid = gash then yes I guess you are right.

A lucky deflection kept the vultures at bay. Could you imagine the response if you'd come out of this game 0-0..?

England supporters really need to come down to earth.
Sat 03/09/05 at 22:53
J-42 wrote:

> Cole and Lampard stood out as the poorer players, though Cole's game
> opened up a bit once he scored. It might keep the team on their toes
> if he leaves those two on the bench against Northern Ireland, in
> favour of Owen and Carrick. Hope we stick with the same system,
> though.

How do you mean? Playing Carrick in Beckham's position, Rooney and Beckham in Lampard's and Cole's, and Owen as lone forward?
Sat 03/09/05 at 22:49
Regular
"Better Than You"
J-42 wrote:
> I mean, in fairness, did we struggle, at all?

Yes, by sitting back for the rest of the second half after scoring and letting Wales have more possession and put on pressure - when we should have been looking for at least another goal before even sitting back slightly.
Sat 03/09/05 at 22:46
Regular
"Comfortably Numb"
Quite surprised to see people saying today's performance was awful - I thought we looked solid.

I mean, in fairness, did we struggle, at all?

We dominated mostly, and when we weren't dominating, we were controlling. Their joy came only once or twice briefly in the first half when Giggs penetrated the weakened right side. There was a period of sustained pressure on us for about 5 or 10 minutes towards the second half, when we had no wingers on the pitch, but they didn't really look like scoring and when Richardson came on, our moves on the break looked far more threatening.

They had a superb home atmosphere - you could hardly hear our national anthem - but we played our own game at our own tempo. Rooney and Gerrard played incredibly well together, Wright-Phillips must surely keep his place to continually give us the width he provided today, and Beckham - well Beckham was the best player on the pitch for me - precision passing, crucial interceptions, well-timed tackles (perhaps a little sheepish getting into the riskier challenges, though he was on a yellow).

Cole and Lampard stood out as the poorer players, though Cole's game opened up a bit once he scored. It might keep the team on their toes if he leaves those two on the bench against Northern Ireland, in favour of Owen and Carrick. Hope we stick with the same system, though.
Sat 03/09/05 at 22:36
Regular
"Better Than You"
This thread has turned from talkign about the England shirt to do things cross handed.

actually i t is quuite hard
Sat 03/09/05 at 22:36
On an unrelated note

RBS, you live in Cambridge, right?

What's it like?
Sat 03/09/05 at 22:24
Regular
"You've upset me"
Heh. Every tried riding a bike cross-handed? Now that's tricky.
Sat 03/09/05 at 22:22
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Someone stole your typing rod again? *shifty eyes* ....... ermmm i've got to go check on the roast....ahem
Sat 03/09/05 at 22:18
Regular
"You've upset me"
ever t ried typimg cross handed?tis difficult

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.